𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

garcia was the first to notice my engagement ring. me and em walked into work and went to her office to say hello.

"hold on just a second, missy." garcia says to me, "you're not slick, i see that ring on your finger."

i smile, "yeah, emily proposed."

"but shhh, we wanna see how long it'll take everyone else to notice." emily says.

"my lips are sealed." garcia says, "so, have you started planning the wedding yet?"

i shake my head, "no, not yet."

"good. let me do it."

i look over at emily, who shrugs.

"oh come on, i've always wanted to plan a sapphic wedding." garcia whines.

emily chuckles, "okay, okay, but nothing too big. me and y/n wanna keep it small."

it didn't take long for the rest of the team to find out.  i was sitting at my desk when spencer walked by.

"cool ring, y/n." he says cluelessly.

everyone's heads shoot up at hearing this.

spencer notices this, then thinks about what he said, "ohh."

"so, emily proposed?" jj says with a smile.

"yes, she did. it was wonderful." i answer.

"my man...woman, i mean." derek says to emily.

"i always had a feeling you two would end up together." rossi says.

"actually, don't be mad, but we were all kind of betting on it. garcia believed it the most, though. she bet the highest." jj says.

"well, i'm glad that you guys were right." emily says, smiling at me.

i smile back at her, "me too."

"have you started planning yet?" jj asks.

i shake my head and laugh softly, "no, garcia decided to be in charge of that."

derek nods, "yep, sounds about right."

"congratulations, you two!" spencer says with a smile.

me and emily both thank him.

"yes, congratulations." hotch echos.

"so, how did it happen?" jj asks.

i look at emily, "do you wanna tell it or do you want me to?"

she smiles, "you can, honey."

"so, she suggests we go on a drive to this cabin in the woods that she rents a lot. well, we get there and there's no cabin, so it kind of looked like she was about to murder me."

i look over at emily, who laughs and mouths "sorry".
i continue with my story, "but then she leads me to this beautiful part of the woods, gets down on one knee, and asks me to be her wife."

"wow, who knew emily could be so romantic?" jj teases.