𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

the next day at work the team had a case. for the past few years children have been going missing on halloween. however, this year they found a body, the body of four year old andrew clemons.

the crime scene photos were horrific. the boy's body had been found with a ghostface mask on, but once it was removed you could see that the unsub had cut the small child's face similar to the joker's scars.

i was absolutely disgusted. who could do this to a child. almost right after i saw the photos a strong wave of nausea passed over me.

"i'll be right back." i tried to say as calmly as possible before trying to run to the bathroom. however, i didn't make it that far, instead settling for the trash can by my desk.

"agent y/l/n, is everything alright?" hotch asks once i make my way back to the conference room.

i nod, "yeah, it's all good. i just had a bit too much to drink, that's all."

i look at emily and can tell that she's trying her best to hide her worry, but she just can't seem to.

i try my best to ignore her and focus on the case.

"well, he puts a mask on the child to cover the scars. could that be a sign of remorse?" i suggest.

"or a signature." rossi adds.

i look over to jj to see she's horrified at the images, trying to find the words to say.

"god, who would do this to a child? i can't imagine what his parents are going through. if that happened to one of my boys...i couldn't deal." she finally says.

i look over at emily, who is just nodding softly in agreement with jj.

"we'll know more when we examine the body in person. wheel's up in 30." hotch says, then makes his way out of the room.

---------------------------
i decided that i needed to write more cases into this fic, so please let me know how i do!!