Chapter 85: Winnie

As we got up to leave, Brokewire and Violet came out from around the corner.

'Great' I thought. I was not in the mood for another fight.

I tried to hold off Violet as long as I could but she was stronger. She's definitely used her powers way more than I have. Zoe and Camden ran outside to stay out of this fight. She picked something up and tossed it in my direction. I could feel the metal object slice across my forehead. I was losing lots of blood and I felt faint. But then I had a brilliant idea.

I collapsed on the floor and shut my eyes.

"Winnie!" Noah screamed.

"Let her die Noah. We don't need her in our life." Violet snickered.

"Our life?! I don't want you in my life! Because of you the last 5 years of my life have been awful! Not to mention the last 24 hours..."

"Oh boohoo." Brokewire said.

I could hear Noah struggling and it took all I had not to get up and help him. But I knew that this plan would work. I just knew it.

"Let me go! If you're just gonna let her die, at least let me say goodbye!" Noah cried.

"I mean 20 minutes ago you were trying to kill her, but be my guest." Brokewire remarked.

Something hit the floor and I felt Noah come near me. He picked up my wrist and felt for my pulse. I could sense Noah's relief when he realized I wasn't dead.

"She's not dead is she Noah?"

"N-no she's not."

"Oh we'll change that."

"Don't touch her!"

"What the?!" Brokewire shouted.

There was a loud crash so I opened my eyes and saw Noah standing in front of me with his hands outstretched and his eyes shut tight. Then I realized what he was doing. There was a light blue forcefield surrounding us.

I saw Violet and Brokewire on the ground and I scrambled to my feet.

The forcefield disappeared and Noah put his arms down. I flipped him around and wrapped him in a tight hug. He hugged back and we just sat there for a minute.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Good question." Noah replied, looking down at his hands. "We'll talk about it later though. We need to go!"