The One Where Ross Propose

A few weeks later, Emma is at Ross' parents. Ross and Rachel would take Emma to their parents once in a while so they'll have a quality time together. Since Rachel got her job back at Ralph Lauren, thanks to a guy named 'Ron', she's been busy catching up with works. But today she came home early because Ross supposed to take her to dinner later. While she was enjoying the afternoon sitting in their living room reading fashion magazines, waiting for Ross to come home, suddenly the phone rang. It was Ross.

"Hey honey", she answered.

"Rach, can you come to this address right now? I need to show you something."

"Right now??" She replied.

"Yes, right now.." he answered.

"Okay, su-ure." She hanged up the phone, puzzled.

The address Ross gave is an address of an apartment building a few blocks from their current apartment.

-------

30 minutes later Rachel arrived at the address Ross gave her. But he only gave her the address to the building, with no apartment number or anything.

Suddenly a man approached Rachel and said, "Are you Rachel Green?"

"Yes, I am." Rachel replied.

"Well, he's surely right, you are gorgeous.", he added.

"I'm sorry?", Rachel asked, puzzled by the man sudden praise.

"Eh hemm.." he cleared his throats and continued, "I've been asked to give you this."

He handed something that appeared to be a key to Rachel.

"Apartment 32A", he added.

"Okay, thanks." Rachel smiled to him and left.

Rachel went upstairs and finally made it to apartment 32A. As she about to open the door, she noticed an envelope slipping off from under the door. She opened it and read it.

Dear Rachel,

I know what happened between us is not a perfect love story. I know I am not a perfect man. But, even if I can change a thing that happened between us for the past 10 years I probably won't change a thing. Because after all those 10 years, Emma happened, and she is perfect. So, today I want us to start a new page of our life. A more mature us, more kind, and loving at the same time. I prepared all of this for you. It may not as perfect as I described it before, but I hope you like it. Come inside.

Ross

Suddenly she bursted into tears. At this point she already knew what Ross is up to. It felt surreal. Her breathing started to become heavy and her heart started to beating really fast. She took a deep breath, wiped her eyes, and finally turned the key in and opened the door.

Even though the room was dark, she was amazed by the apartment. As soon as you walk in inside the apartment there is a spacious modern looks kitchen connected to the living room and dining room. It was unfurnished, but she knew it is the apartment she always wanted. As she walked inside, she saw a lot of candles in a shape of heart and white lilies petals all over the floor. In the middle of the heart shaped candles there is a note written. She read it.

Follow the lilies petals

As she followed the flowers petals, that leading her to the master bedroom, she started to hear musing playing in the background.

The song is "The Way You Look Tonight" by Fred Astaire

Some day, when I'm awfully low