Chapter Four: Exploring Berk: III

[Hiccup's POV]

I stirred, then I woke up, and then my face lit up. "Tooth?" I asked, shouting, searching for that useless but very funny reptile of mine.

I heard an irritated roar, possibly Toothless' reply. I mocked him, roaring back at him, and then I said, "C'mon, let's go."

"Explorin', remember, Tooth?" I asked, sarcastically yet irritatedly because he most likely forgot. 'Useless reptile,' I thought, laughing on the inside. Toothless then grumbles then shouts in response, "Ye- No. No, I do not," and I chortled, and once I sobered up enough to actually reply, I said, "Expected it, Tooth. Let's go, bud."

We started packing our supplies, ready to continue our adventure. I'm actually starting to wonder why we headed back to the nest.... Oh.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Two hours later. Still Hiccup's POV.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
We eventually finished packing, and, let's just say we sort of packed too much necessities. Hey, blame Tooth, okay? Not me!

I got onto Toothless' back, and I attached our huge pouch of supplies onto Toothless, more specifically, on his back, right infront of me. I steadied myself when I almost fell from his back, him being the one who almost stumbled from the despicable weight on his seemingly big, but very weak, back.

Then, finally, when Toothless just got used to the weight, I adjusted my position, hopefully the weight lessens. We took off, ready for departure, and flight to Berk. Then, I started to talk, discussing the plan with Toothless, "Okay, bud, we'll camp at the same location as before, and wait for the night to come. Remember, you camouflage very easily in the dark," and Toothless roared affirmatively.

"Haha, that's what I thought," I muttered to myself, then I said to Toothless out loud, "But.. Don't. Make. A. Sound."

And at that, Toothless grumbles disapprovingly, and I hummed, satisfied with him. He roars back, "Ahem, Night Fury here. Remember?"

And I sigh frustratedly, actually mockingly, and I roar, "Yeah, I remember, 'Clumsy Offspring of Lightning and Derp itself,' I can never forget," and I chortle soon after, and then Toothless grumbles, "Hey!"

"What? It suits youuuuuu," I say, jokingly and teasingly. But then, I look up ahead, and I realize we already arrived at Berk. I steer Toothless to the forests, and we land in the cove. "We're here!" I shout. "Also, you'll never live it out." I say, and Toothless looks at me with a confused face, and he growls, "Live out what?" And then, I roar back, "Oh, have you forgotten, Tooth? 'Clumsy Offspring of Lightning and Derp itself?'"

Toothless smacks me with his tail and I laugh, "It suiiiiiiiiits you, you overgrown lizard," I mutter.

"I, the 'Unholy Offspring of Lightning and Death itself,' will live it out eventually, and nobody on Midgard, even you, will remember the title, 'Clumsy Offspring of Lightning and Derp itself!'" Toothless shouts, angered. And I sarcastically retort, "You said 'Midgard,' so only the dead and the gods and goddesses of Asgard, the people on Niflheim and the giants on Jotunheim will remember, hmmm?"

Toothless then roars, but then he wears a horrified face, "It's that human viking again! The blonde, cyan-eyed one!" He shouts. And I shout, "Oh, Thor, no! Toothless, ruuuuuuunnnnnnn!!!!"

We stood up from our places in the cove, and we ran away, much to the viking girl's dismay.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
[Astrid's POV]

I watched as the boy and the Night Fury run away, seemingly from me, terribly horrified of my presence. I growl threateningly, more to myself, and I sigh, "Thought dragons attack. Not run," I said, mockingly.

I ran after them both, and then I cornered them somewhere deep in the forest, and I saw the fear in their faces. Heck, even the dragon's face!

I started to feel bad for the dragon and boy, for a moment there, until I shook that feeling off with my head.

"Who are you, and why do you have a dragon, as a friend?" I ask threateningly, sharpening my axe with a whetstone, as if to scare them even more than I already have. I receive nothing but jumbled stuttering, and very quick speeches.

"Repeat!" I shouted frustratedly. The boy replied, "I-I'm Hiccup. Hiccup.. Haddock, I guess. I never really use my last name. Father says he kept the last name so I can remember who I come from." And I stop in my tracks, out of shock, and terror. "Wait a minute.. You.." I stutter.

I shake my head furiously, and I bravely said, "I'm taking you to the chief, even the dragon."

The boy looked frightened, and he quickly said, "P-please, n-no, no! W-we, mean no h-harm!"

I shook my head, "We're not taking you to the dungeons. We're bringing you to the chief for interrogation," I finished.

Then, the boy said, "'We?' What do you mean?" Well, more like asked. I replied, "What? You haven't noticed the others here?"

He shook his head slightly in a no. I sighed, and I shouted, "C'mon, you guys can come out."

Snotlout, Fishlegs and the twins came. The boy looked frightened at their arrival, his eyes flashing, as if they were almost familiar to the young stranger. 'Urgh!' I thought. I shook my head to get the thought out of my head, but I just, couldn't, not right now.. I don't know why.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
[Hiccup's POV]

"No, no, no..!" I whispered frantically, "Tooth, we h-have to get out! Tooth?" I asked, glancing in every direction.

I started becoming even more scared. Toothless was gone. "Tooth..?" I asked silently to the wind, hoping he'd somehow hear me. No response.

I sighed, then I gathered up all my courage, building something up in my throat. Then, I shouted with all the courage and strength I had left, "TOOTHLESS!!!!"

Then, that was it. I crashed into a tree. I collapsed, and suddenly, then and there, I knew of no more. "Don't.. Hurt.. Toothless..." I said, that was the only thing left in my mind. My words sounded so.. Distant, and faint. It sounded like whimpers.