foreword;

A few things to keep in mind before reading:

This is a pure work of fiction. None of the characters belong to me except the person mentioned in the second person, (y/n) (l/n), and a few original characters here and there.

However, what I want to draw your attention to most are the trigger warnings I mention here. Since Dazai is himself a heavily suicidal character, certain themes/sentences/words in this narrative can be triggering. They are in no means to push anyone to a point that makes them uncomfortable, so please bear that in mind while reading. If you still wish you read this fic, please keep in mind that the character (y/n) is also riddled with dark thoughts, darker than the work I've normally written, and to-the-brim suicidal. They are not as comically depicted as in the anime, however, that does not mean that I condone suicide or self-harm, since I am also someone who has gone through such emotions in the past.

Trigger warnings include:

Suicidal themes/self-harmMentions of assault/sexual abuseDeath/murderDark trains of thought/sadism/masochism/brutality

Please bear in mind that if this makes you uncomfortable, please do not read further than this foreword. I don't wish to make anyone uncomfortable with this, so I kindly request you to heed to these warnings before going forward with this. If you read further, then I will assume you are aware of these tags. Please, please feel free to drop a message regarding this fic and I'll be sure to answer.

Dazai Osamu is a character riddled with a dark aspect to his life. It is challenging to write for a character like him, as I've never done it before, but I am willing to explore the depths of how dark my fiction writing can be. It is challenging and thrilling at the same time, and I hope you can tag along. If not, I completely understand and respect your decision. Thank you for reading!