𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛

=★=

Harry and Aurora had shown Ron the magical mirror, after their encounter with it the night before. They were a little disappointed when Ron told them that he hadn't seen their parents. He told them he had seen himself as head boy, holding the Quidditch cup.

A couple nights after that the twins went back to the mirror to see their parents that they dearly missed, only to be caught by Professor Dumbledore.

"Back again?" Harry and Aurora turn around and stand up. "I see that you two, like so many before, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is."

The duo looked at each other in confusion. "So, then it shows us what we want? Whatever we want?" Aurora asked.

"Yes...and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you." Aurora looks down. "But remember this. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you both, not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live." 

Aurora and Harry look back at the mirror. Will they ever see their parents again?

=★=

The twins, and Ron are seated in the library, reading. Hermione comes up with a huge book. She thumps it onto the table. The three of them jump.

"Shit, Hermione you scared me." Aurora cursed out loud.

"Shhh!" The librarian yelled, she didn't approve of Aurora's language, and she constantly scolded her about it.

"Sorry." Aurora replied with a bored tone.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Hermione said.

"This is light?" Ron asked, looking at the humongous book that almost covered his face.

Hermione glares at him. "Of course! Here it is! 'Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!'"

"The what?" Aurora inquired.

"Honestly, don't you read?" Rory shakes her head. She never read any books that involved learning. Although, she loved Muggle fiction books like the Outsiders. She cried every time she read that book.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal." Hermione continues.

"Immortal?" Ron asked.

"It means you'll never die."

"I know what it means!"

"You sure about that?" Aurora joked, giggling. Ron glared at her.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!" That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione read from the book.

They all look at each other.

=★=

It was night time. Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Aurora were running across the wet grounds to Hagrid's hut. Aurora makes a rhythmic knock on the door, and it opens.