𝓼.even

as if late to his appointment, shinra hurriedly put his shoes on with his phone stuck between his hear and his shoulder

as if late to his appointment, shinra hurriedly put his shoes on with his phone stuck between his hear and his shoulder. "okay, okay! geez. i'll be there in like, 20 minutes or something." he said to the other line, annoyed about the fact that the person he's about to pick up has been ordering him to go to her school right now.

"quickly, baka! you gotta taste the cookies i'm making!" the (h/c)nette excitedly said, which caused the male to sigh and shake his head from side to side in disbelief. has she ever been this hyped up before? and over some snacks? "oh, and so that i can prove my friends i have taste in men." she continued, silently snickering to herself, which made shinra's hurried actions take an abrupt halt.

"(y/n), if this is about bragging me to your friends, then i'm not picking you up." he seriously replied to the (e/c)-eyed female's words, but instead of tracing the terror written all over the tone he used, (y/n) only groaned in annoyance, whining about the fact that backing out on the last second was not fair, for he agreed to pick her up today.

as soon as (y/n)'s complains toned down, shinra heaved out a defeated sigh and stood up from his sitting position before tucking his left hand in his pocket. "alright, alright. i'll be there, okay? wait for me." he softly said with a warm smile, thinking that it was able to reach her destination, and upon hearing the female's thrilled response, shinra soundlessly scoffed and rolled his eyes before heading out of the apartment they shared, making sure to lock the gate before heading to his destination.

"you got it, babe! oh, shoot. my teacher's about to head back here in our classrom, so i better hang up, shinra. i'll be waiting for you at the entrance gate!" (y/n) hurriedly but cheerfully said before ending the call on her end, not giving shinra the chance to reply to her words, which caused shinra to sigh once more and focus on his way to her school.

it hasn't been long since he found himself in this familiarly unfamiliar world. he still don't know how the heck did he get there, nor does he know how to get back, but he would be lying if he said that he didn't like it here. true, it boggled his mind for a few days straight, but it's about time to get a move on, right?

tucking both his hands deeply in his pants' pockets, he wandered his sight around the neighborhood. it wasn't that bad, he said to himself, though it's nothing compared to his own world. he missed the times wherein he had to put a lot of infernals to rest with his team. he missed everything in his world.

shinra sure has fallen deeply onto his own thoughts. luckily for him, a sudden set of loud, shocking sirens snapped him back to reality and for an unknown reason, his heart started to thump at such a fast rate, like as if it was desperately struggling to pop out of his chest. he was feeling extremely uneasy to the point his slow and nonchalant steps to his destination transitioned to a panicked run.

he was only a few blocks away from her school, yet slowing down at this situation was not an option. he can smell the familiar scent he hated for very, very long. he was too busy worrying for his companion to the point he didn't notice the voice inside his head speak three measly words that could've worried him more. "save her, shinra."

it was an adolla link.

"come on, legs, make it on time!" shinra angrily shouted to himself, starting to pant as he finally reached her school's main gate. however, he was too late.

the whole campus flaming in many shades of violent red.