17. I Miss Her

WARNING: MENTIONS OF RAPE, ABUSE, DEATH, ANGST, SWEARING

June 25, 2003... Sofia has now been missing for a year. There have been no new leads and many people have been questioned and many have helped search. Today, on the anniversary of her disappearance they are having a candlelight vigil at 6:30 p.m. in Sudbury Park. The place where she was last seen and the time she answered Chris's call, telling him that she has a ride.

News reporters took footage as people held candles, spoke, passed out flyers, and wore pins of Sofia. Will was speaking as Grace was quietly sobbing into her hand as Lisa wrapped an arm around her and had her other arm around Chris who also had tears streaming down his face.

Then a 5'8" Caucasian man with a beer belly and a bald spot on the crown of his head went up to Grace and took her hands in his. "Grace, I'm so sorry about what happened. Sofia was such a good kid, you did an amazing job with her. I have no idea where she could be, I've looked night and day and I won't stop until we find her."

"Bless you, Adrian." She sobbed cupping the side of his face, "bless you!" She said as he side hugged her as she cried on his shoulder. He looked at the faces of the people and raised his candle and everyone else followed
------
Sofia was sitting, coloring in a coloring book on the bed in nothing but her bra and underwear. She had rusty, heavy chains around her ankles and stomach. She has been raped 4-7 times a day, beaten, and starved to the point where the pain was unbearable. She had gotten impregnated and he let her go through with the pregnancy, she had triplets. He let her keep two, and he took the other one away from her.

She heard his footsteps coming up the stairs and she looked up to see him walk into the room. "Turn on the T.V.!" He demanded as he grabbed the remote and turned on the small black and white T.V... He turned it to the news channel where they were now broadcasting the vigil. She gasped when she saw her mother crying onto his shoulder. "Look at your mom's face!" He exclaimed, laughing his ass off. "Oh if only she knew who she was blubbering over!" He laughed, "'Bless you, Adrian! Bless you!'" he mocked. Sofia's blood boiled,

"Stay away from them," Sofia said through gritted teeth,

He stopped laughing and looked at her incredulously with anger, "What did you say?" he sneered,

"Stay. Away. From. Them." She said, looking him dead in the eye.

"Did the bitch just tell ME to stay away from those people!?" He questioned standing up, Sofia glared daggers at him and he began to burst out laughing, "the bitch told ME to 'stay away from them'" he mocked, "as if SHE HAS CONTROL OVER ME!?" He fell into another fit of laughter, "damn, I thought the bitch was smarter than that." He said pulling her up by grabbing a fist full over her hair making her wince, "the bitch should know that she doesn't matter, she doesn't get to make the decisions around here, because her decisions and opinions are nothing and worthless like her." He threw her back on the ground, kicking her in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her. He continued to physically assault her over the course of the hour.