1. First Meeting

October 26, 1991

October 26, 1991... "You guys behave for Mrs.Evans okay," Mrs.Myers told her children, Diego (13), Rosa (10), and Daniel (5). "Your Dad and I will be back in a couple of days, we have to sort some final things out of town before we can bring Sofia home with us."

"Yes, ma'am," they said in chorus.

"I appreciate this Lisa" Grace said sincerely, "if they're too much you have my mom's number"

"No problem, we'll have fun! Now go get your new child!" She smiled and shooed her away.

They all said goodbye as Mr & Mrs.Myers left to go get Sofia Alexandrina.

Mr & Mrs.Evans led the kids inside with their bags and got their rooms sorted out. Diego stated in Chris' room, Rosa in Carly's, and Daniel stayed with Scott"

"Hey" Diego greeted as he plopped his duffle and backpack on the makeshift bed.

"Hey" the 10-year-old greeted as he turned around, "is it pre-gotcha day?" he joked.

"Yeah" he snickered, "we're getting a kid instead of a toddler or baby"

"How old?"

"They said she turned eleven in June, they said that she's from Corlãrous (it's a made-up country), that means if it works out we'll have another Latina in the house!"

"Hey, hey, hey! She's your possibly-soon-to-be sista!"

"You know what I meant!"

"Yeah. Do you know what happened?"

"No, only that she's been through a lot, she's a native Spanish and Corlãrian speaker but she knows some English."

"Well it's better than nothing"

"Yeah"

-------------
Boston Orphanage... Sofia was sitting on the bed holding the bunny flat doll that her mother made her. Corlãrous is a beautiful and wonderful country but Sofia Alexandrina lived there at a terrible time. Her birth father walked out when she was four and her birth mother is still alive but serving as a Major General in the resistance and is one of the founding mothers of Corlãrous. The founding mothers are a group of five women who came together and began to restore Corlãrous to how it was and make it even better. It was going smoothly and they were making the process until the Ex-King Manolo and the Tyveras came back and started fighting back.

A Civil War was happening right now and it formed overnight. Operation Peter Pan was formed by one of the Corlãrian Churches and the governments of some of their allied countries to get children aged 7-16 out of Corlãrous and give them sanctuary in one of the participating countries until the war was over.

Sofia sniffled as another tear came down her cheek and hugged her bunny tighter to herself. She missed her mom and siblings. She was worried about what was going on and what is to come. She felt so small, helpless, scared, and alone. Her sister Violetta just missed the cut-off. She turned 17 a week before Peter Pan started. She had nothing but the clothes she was wearing, what was in her suitcase, and what was in her small backpack. She was in a different country, with a different language, and a different culture. She also didn't have her family.