Chapter 1

||01||

CAMILLE

-----

I am currently in a library, reading a romantic book all over again. The romance in it was so admirable. It was about some proud and arrogant guy giving in for a simple girl. However, it doesn't matter to me, as I've got a boy in my life too. He's sweet and caring and even pretty handsome. He's been with me since my childhood and always helped me to stand up on my own. And it means everything to me.

I checked my watch and it was almost the closing time of the library and today I'm also going to my bestfriend Amara's house for a sleepover. She loves reading too and I guess this is the only similarity between us. She is also very gutsy which I barely am.

I packed my things and left for her house. I knocked on the door and it was instantly opened. I got scooped into a tight hug. "Cami! My baby! You're finally here. We waited for you for so long. Come on let's go in."

"Hey Amara! Sorry, I was kinda lost in my book and forgot of the time." I groaned. "Who else is here?" I inquired.

"It's just Selene. She's deciding which movie we are supposed to watch." I nodded.

Selene is my other bestfriend. She is more like me, quiet and a bit nerdy, but she knows how to defend herself and others well. We both work at the bakery together. She wouldn't usually join us as she would spend her time reading at her house, so I was a bit surprised that she is here.

Selene was still looking for the movie while Amara and I went to fetch the pizzas, wafers and some drinks.

She settled on The Notebook and we all agreed to that even though we watched it like a thousand times now. After that we watched a couple of more movies. Amidst a movie, my phone started ringing. It was Cameron, My boyfriend. I smiled unconsciously and picked the call and then went outside because I didn't want to disturb them.

"Hello love, how's the girls night going? Did I interrupt you with this?"

"It's amazing! And no, you didn't interrupt anything, we were just watching some movies." I giggled. "What are you doing anyway?"

"Nothing, you know, thinking about you?"

"Cameron Taylor, I didn't know you were this cheesy." I laughed "Now if you can cut the call, I am spending time with my girls, Okay?"

"Yeah sure, Miss Camille Allen, anything for you. good night."

"Good Night, Cameron." I smiled and went to join them again. When I came back, both of them gave me a smirk. I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow in their direction.

-----

I woke up because I felt something heavy on me. What the hell! I looked and it was Amara sleeping on me. Ugh, She does it all the time. It was already 7:00 and I had to go to work at the bakery which opens at 8:00. So I decided to get up. I brushed my teeth and got freshened up, then headed to the kitchen. Selene was already making coffee and breakfast.

"Good Morning." She smiled.

"Good Morning, Selene. Make some for me too, Please?" She nodded.