Chapter 2

||2||

CAMILLE

-----

Today both Selene and I were assigned the kitchen work. I was baking chocolate chip cookies while listening to songs and humming along with it.

It’s been several days since I encountered that man. And now I can’t even erase him out of my brain. His burning gaze, I dreamt about it every night and was barely able to get any sleep. We didn’t even have a proper conversation that day but he still managed to disrupt my whole system with his mere damn intense stare! I sighed audibly, clenching my teeth. This isn’t right, not right at all.

“Hey Cami, the cookies are done already.” Selene called out and got me out of my reverie.

“Oh yeah, I’m sorry, my bad. I just zoned out.” I laughed nervously. She just gave me a confused ‘what is wrong with you’ look. I shrugged it off.

“You know, you space out a lot these days. Is everything alright? I mean, you can talk to me about it.” She added, with a hint of concern in her voice.

I smiled brightly at her. Selene has always been the caring and understanding type. She is too loving.

“Everything is absolutely fine, Selly. Nothing to worry about.” I assured her. She nodded at me and we got back to work.

-----

It was almost time to wrap up. We cleaned up, got our bag and were ready to leave. I waved Selene a goodbye and left.

I reached home and  was astonished to see Cameron near my house. He takes two jobs a day. First as a bartender in the morning and then spends the evening at a tattoo shop, which closes a little late and for that reason we usually don’t meet. But he still takes time to call me everyday. He had not seen me yet as he was facing towards my door. I immediately hopped out of the car and exclaimed his name. He instantly turned towards me and grinned, flashing his pretty dimples.

“Hello, baby.” He whispered, taking me into his wholly tattooed arms. “I missed you a lot.” He added.

“I missed you too, Cameron.” I replied, bashfully and released myself from his embrace. “Why didn’t you tell me that you were coming over?” I inquired.

“Well, that’s the whole point. I wanted to surprise you.” He answered. “Now, we definitely have a lot of time to spend together. What should we do first, Miss Allen?” He chuckled. I nudged him playfully.

“Uhh—we can cook and eat together?” I suggested.

“Okay, I’m fine with it.” He spoke. “But at my place.” He added abruptly.

I raised a brow at him.

“I don’t want your brother to come and destroy our vibe.” He muttered under his breath.

“I heard that.” I laughed and shook my head. “Anyway, let me take a shower first, I must be stinking.” I said and opened the door.

“Okay, I’ll wait here then.” He plopped on the couch, taking out his phone. “Or wait, do you want me to join you?” He said with a sly look on his face.