𝟽. 𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚢𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙸𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Nova immediately pulled out her tablet to call an emergency meeting, but then her eyes trailed up to Sean in horror, showing him that she'd so suddenly realized she couldn't have possibly known where he was before he'd met up with her in Reactor.

"We need an emergency meeting now!" Sean demanded, eager to confront Corpse. He did a double-take, noticing Nova hadn't moved.

"Nova, it wasn't me!" he said in exasperation, knowing what was going through her mind. She flinched as he reached up to grip her shoulders, lightly shaking her from her thoughts as the lowered her tablet to her side. "Nova, you have to believe me," he begged softly, "Just this once."

She could see the sincerity in his eyes, but she was torn in knowing Corpse couldn't have done this. She and Corpse were just outcasts. They were the only ones here with nothing to prove. She shook her head, terrified tears threatening to fall.

"Come on," Sean pleaded, almost in tears himself with how stubborn Nova was.

"I don't know, Sean," her expression was uneasy.

"Okay," Sean breathed, trying to calm the frenzy swirling around them, wanting her to concentrate on his words, "Remember that whole thing with Joel? Corpse was on cams but — for some reason — didn't see Joel's body until after I reported it, and the only person who looked into the vents after Poki is now dead."

Both of their heads whipped up as the lights dimmed until it was pitch black. They were being sabotaged.

"Do you believe me now?" Sean said releasing her shoulders, grateful that she was there to witness he wasn't capable of cutting off the lights, for his tablet was still in its holster at his side.

Nova nodded, and Sean gave a relieved sigh. She put away her tablet, for she couldn't possibly call for an emergency meeting now that the lights were cut.

Their hands interlocked as they sped towards Electrical to fix the lights, their flashlights leading the way. It was crazy to think the last time they'd held hands was when he came upon Joel. A couple days later, and they were among the last survivors.

As soon as they made it to the doorway to Electrical, they halted as the alert lights came on, casting an eerie red strobe throughout the dark hall. Nova pulled out her tablet again and read out that Reactor was going off.

Corpse, also on his way to fix the lights, saw the two down the hall, their figures lit up by her screen.

"I'll fix lights and meet you in Reactor," Nova delegated, coming up with a plan.

Sean was shocked that she wanted to separate, but he knew that if he'd gotten a head start, it was one step closer to fixing the ship.

Sean bit his lip and nodded, reaching over to tilt up her chin, getting a good look at her in hopes this wasn't the last time they'd see each other alive. It must have been the rush of adrenaline and the fact that she finally gave in to him being innocent because he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. Sean pulled away, Nova surprised at his actions and Corpse feeling as though he'd been punched in the stomach.

"I'll see you soon," Sean assured, a subtle promise to her that they'd make it out of this alive. They both gave each other a nod before turning to tend to the malfunctions.