𝟼. 𝙿𝚎𝚠𝙳𝚒𝚎𝙿𝚒𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙸𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Nova walked nervously as the guys protectively trailed behind her. She wasn't entirely sure where she and Corpse stood. She'd had trust issues in the past which quickly resurfaced after hers and Corpse's encounter. Almost immediately, her thoughts had darkened into self-deprecation.

She doubted her self worth, pondering whether or not Corpse would have made a move had he not known their time was limited. He never seemed particularly interested in her — she was just someone relatable on the outskirts of the social masses as he was. He didn't really want her; she was simply easily within reach.

Corpse frowned, studying her from behind. She hadn't even given him a second glance after walking out of the room. He could tell their little encounter was weighing on her mind as it looked like she was tense with regret.

Corpse tossed and turned all night. What if the moment they'd had together in Navigation had been her and Sean at some point? It broke his heart to think he was stupid enough to believe he actually had a chance with her.

A couple hours before the alarm would go off to wake everyone to begin their tasks, Nova rustled at the sound of footsteps trailing out of the room. She tiredly sat up, seeing Corpse's figure disappear into the hall. She slipped on her shoes and curiously went after him. She watched sadly as he sat at one of the tables in Cafeteria, his head in his hands.

"Anyone seen Felix?" Sean appeared behind her with a stiff upper lip, having woken up as well and already anxious to blame Corpse for the disappearance.

"Guess he stayed in Admin all night," Nova answered, "I'll check on him." With that, Nova gave Corpse a sad smile, deciding she'd talk to him later to see if he was alright.

"I'll go with her," Sean spoke up, eager to go with her in hopes that sticking close to her would win her over.

Corpse instantaneously stood, reaching out a palm against Sean's chest to stop him in his tracks.

"I'll go with her," Corpse lowered his head in a scowl, his eyes leering through his brow.

Corpse approached Admin to find Nova standing at the doorway, curiously watching Felix who hadn't noticed her. Felix was sitting at the table, shuffling through some papers, the room completely overturned and trashed.

Hearing the steps of Corpse's combat boots, Felix looked up, his eyes red and strained from studying the documents in his hands. Without a word, he lazily reached over a hand towards his tablet and called for an emergency meeting.

"What's going on?" Corpse asked carefully, the two of them never having seen Felix so distraught with hair frazzled and bags under his eyes.

"Cafeteria," Felix demanded in a scowl, "Now."

Corpse and Nova shared a look as if Felix had completely lost it.

"Glad to see everyone's still alive and well," Sean muttered sarcastically as he took a seat next to Nova with Corpse on the other side of her.

Felix remained standing as he slammed the papers down onto the table, causing Nova to jump, Corpse immediately placing a comforting hand on her thigh, an assuring gesture that he'd protect her.

"These are blueprints of the ship," Felix said, taking a moment to look each one of them in the eyes. All of them leaned in to look at it, wondering where he was going with all of this. He pulled out the paper from under — another paper of large size — and placed it on top.

"Electrical," he pointed at the drawing of the ship's skeleton, the fingertips of his right hand trailing one of the many fine lines that ran through the walls.