12. forgiveness

(had to republish)

pain.

all luke felt was pain, all he wanted to do was cry. but he won't. if fiona wanted to go back to her ex then he can't stop her, even if it meant he'd get his heart shattered.

it's been a day since their date which wasn't actually a date but luke counted it as a one. when fiona came back to their table after a brief run in with her ex, the vibes were off. like off off.

currently fiona's best friend lays on the couch next to his dog, petunia, while he stares into nothingness with the ultimate desire for the ground to eat him alive.

a great big "Fuck!" slid out of lukes mouth in a result of yet again overthinking yesterday's events. petunia, startled, jumped off the couch and made her way out the room.

"even my god damn dog hates me!" he sighed.

"hey buddy, calm down." ashton peered through from the kitchen.

a mad luke glared back at him as if saying 'how can i calm down in a situation like this?'

"look bro, it's not like she's going on a date with him. they're just meeting up again." his friend told him.

"ash, listen. ross jones is literally a model she's obviously gonna choose him over me. they're probably making out right now as i sit here upside down wishing the blood would all rush to my head so i can finally die."

might seem a bit dramatic but luke finally thought he had a chance with fiona after all these years. so when he thought he made a move, she just took a closer step back to her ex.

well in luke's eyes she did.

it's only so long fiona can keep a grudge. no matter how much she could be hurt, she'll always make sure to forgive others. from a young age she was often finding herself forgiving her dad when he'd lash out and hit her.

so forgiveness comes naturally to her no matter how bad the situation. she always feared that something worse would happen if she didn't forgive others.

ross cheated on her and the grudge had been long enough, so she took the chance she had to come to good terms with him. she was not a date with ross and she feared that's what luke thought of it as.

messenger

direct messages between luke and fiona

luke:
oi how was the date?

fiona:
bruh it wasn't a date lol

luke:
wait what i thought u guys went out to get food

fiona:
oh luke hun

silly boy it was most definitely NOT a date

luke:
then wot tha fuk was it?

fiona:
pls don't be mad

but i forgave him

luke:
oH thank god

fiona:
w h a t

luke:
i mean uh

like i don't like him that much still but forgiveness is cool yk

fiona:
aw aren't u a pure little soul

i knew u would understand cos like my weird ass forgiving habits sometimes take a hold of situations

luke:
i don't have a pure soul

im a bad boy😡

fiona:
LMAOOOOO

luke:
what's so funny bitch?

fiona:
nothing😳

wanna talk about ants ?

luke:
y e s

fiona:
they think they're top shit

luke:
how dare they

im so bad at updating sowwy🥺

so here in melbourne we're still in lockdown even tho other states have more cases of covid but anyways the rest of australia got to go back out ages ago so this sucks :(