Chapter One | Boss

TW! Death and swearing

As I made my way down the black marble steps of the manor, I took the black hair tie from my wrist and used it to put my hair in a ponytail. My combat heels clicked and clacked as we walked down to the basement. I made sure my gun was in my holster before walking into the room. My shoes must've gave my presence away as my best friend and right hand man, Mark Rowland turned around and smirked at me.

"Ah, here she is." He turned toward the person he was talking to, "You're outta luck buddy."

I walked next to Mark and looked at the victim. He was young, about 25. He had dark blonde hair, brown at the roots. Blue-grey eyes, full eyebrows and a permanent smirk on his lips. I'll change that.

"So," I started walking over to him and tracing my finger across his jaw, "Where's my money." I asked and caressed his cheek.

"I-I have it." He stuttered under my touch.

"Oh yeah? Where is it?" Mark snapped

I turned my head to look at Mark, "Patience Marky, we'll get to there soon enough." I payed attention to the guy tied to the chair and smiled, "What's your name again?"

He winced as my nails tickled yet dug themselves in his skin, "Max. Max Bounty." He swallowed.

"Well, Max. You heard Mr. Rowland, where is my money?" I dug my nails harsher into his skin.

"I, uh-" He grunted in pain, "I have it, just not on me."

I snarled and harshly grabbed his chin to make him look directly at me, "Listen Max. I gave you a whole week to give my money back. Ten thousand dollars, not that much to get back. So why don't you have my money?" I said in a low-threatening voice.

"I-I don't have it yet." He mumbled.

I clicked my tongue, "Sorry, what was that?"

"I don't have your money." He raised his voice. I rolled my eyes and held my hand out to Mark who just placed brass knuckles in my palm, "But, I'll get it back. Just give me another week. I promise!" He begged.

I laughed and took a step back from him, placing the brass on my knuckles , "Ha. A week? Do you forget who I am, who I work for?" He shook his head violently, his smirk long gone, "Good. Didn't think so." I said as I brought my fist up and slammed it into his jaw.

"Fuck!" He yelled, blood dripping from face.

I smiled and laughed, "Why don't you have my money?"

His breath started to quicken, "My friend has it. Please! Just another  week!"

I rolled my eyes and punched him again, this time on his mouth, "A week is extra time that I could use to invest in another idiot."

He spat out blood and licked his bottom lip, "Don't do this."

I shook my head and punched his eye. His soft skin coming into contact with the metal was one of the best feelings ever, "Now you've crossed the line." I said as I took the knuckles off and chucked them on the floor. I took my gun out of my holster and cocked it. His eyes go wide, "No one tells me what to do." I aimed it in between his eyes and fired.

Max Bounty's head fell back, his one eye wide open in fear.

Dead.

I looked at the four security guys in the room and wiped my mouth, "Clean this up." I demanded, pointing at Max with my gun, "I don't want to see any remains that he was killed here, got it?"

They all nodded, "Yes boss."

I smiled, "Good. Soup him." I said and walked over to Mark.

He smiled at me as I put my gun back in its holster and took my hair out, "Amazing work." He clapped his hand together, "You haven't souped anyone in ages."