Ch. 4

Janessas POV

I woke up with a pounding headache, I unlocked my phone and seen that it was 10:17 a.m. I got out of Matts bed when I realized I was still in the same clothes from last night, I made sure to grab my phone and my heels before heading down stairs. When I got downstairs I walked into the kitchen and seen Matt in nothing but his grey sweatpants. I couldn't help but admire his body.

"My eyes are up here Janessa" He said smirking.

"Shut up" I said looking down at my phone trying to hide the fact that I was blushing.

"How did you sleep?"

"Alright, do you have any Advil?"

"Yeah, let me get it" He said. I sat down on one of the bar stools while Matt grabbed me a cup of water and 2 Advils.

"Thanks, I should probably get going I have practice in a couple hours, I'm sorry you had to take care of me last night" I whispered.

"Hey, don't feel bad. I didn't want anything to happen to you. I'll see you later?" He asked.

"Um, I guess?"

"The football team also has practice"

"Oh, well thanks again. Bye Mathew" I said while looking at him and smiling.

"Janessa, call me Matt!" He said clearly annoyed. Oops.

-
2 hours later

I had just finished getting out of the shower when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey Janessa, do you mind picking me up for practice? My brother had to use my car" Hailey asked.

"Of course, I'll pick you up around 12:30" I said glancing at the clock seeing that it was 11:48.

"Okay see you then!" She said.

I walked out of my bathroom and into my room. I picked out a lime green sports bra with my black spandex. I walked into the bathroom to blow dry my hair and throw it up into a messy pony tail. I then did my hair I applied the basic makeup which consisted of eyeliner and mascara. After that I brushed my teeth and grabbed a sweat shirt before running downstairs and eating a banana. I made sure to put on my running shoes and to grab my phone before leaving the house.

"To: best friend👯❤️
I'm 5 minutes away"

"From: best friend👯❤️
Okay😊"

I pulled up to Haileys house and beeped before she came running out to my car.

"So how was last night" She asked.

"Nothing happened last night shut up"

"You and Matthew are gonna be all that people are talking about when we go back to school on Monday"

"It's Matt" I said.

"Does it matter?" Hailey asked smirking. Before I know it, we are already parked outside the schools parking lot. Me and Hailey both got out of my car and started walking over to the field. I was nervous for some reason because today we are practicing outside on the fields and so are the boys football team. Me and Hailey walked over to some of the other girls and said hello. I took off my sweat shirt and placed it down on the bleachers with my phone. When I turned around I noticed Matt and his friends were staring right at me, I blushed and walked towards the girls.

"Okay guys, let's stretch before we start rehearsing stunts and routines"

"Janessa, I don't think you should of wore that to today's practice" said one of the other girls on the team, her and was Ashley.

"Why not?" I asked confused.

"Because Matthew can't keep his eyes off you" she said smirking. All of the other girls joined in including Hailey and started laughing and making kissey faces.

"You guys are so immature" I said laughing. A chorus of "whatevers" and "okays" were thrown at me. I began stretching with the girls and felt a pair of eyes on me the whole time. I knew who they belonged to but I didn't mind. When we were done stretching we got up and started working on our tumbling. I was watching the girls when I heard someone call my name.

"Yo, Janessa!" I turned around and noticed it was Matthew. I rolled my eyes and continued to watch the girls tumble. Before I know it Matthew is standing right next to me.

"What do you want Matt?"

"I just wanted to see if you were feeling better, that's all."

"Yeah, I am actually. Thanks for asking. Now if you excuse me I have to get back to practice and I think you do too, your friends are waiting." I pointed behind him and he turned around noticing his friends were watching.

"Well I'll get going then"

"Bye Matthew" I said while rolling my eyes. He is so cute but so annoying. He started walking away.

"Bye Janessa! Oh and by the way, your ass looks great in those shorts" he said smirking.

I gasped and turned away to see all the girls staring at me with small smirks plastered on their faces. I covered my face with my hands to try to hide my rosy cheeks. Fuck you Matthew Espinosa for making me feel this way.