Chapter 3: Indang

Carti's POV

They we're looking at me blank faced. I was so nervous, I was thinking that they're mad because their "only-girl-child" came home late and soaking wet.

I explained that Tita Agatha invited me to dinner even if I insisted.

"I told them I wasn't hungry bu-" I didn't finish what I'm saying when Mom started to cry, while Dad was tapping her shoulders.

"The hell is going on?" I couldn't help myself to ask, but I chose to shut up because I think this is a serious matter.

After minutes of hearing sobs, my Dad finally spoke up.

"Nanay Flora.. She left us na, Anak.." He told me teary-eyed.

"What? Why?" The only word that I can say right now is why.

I couldn't talk. I couldn't believe it. She was my favorite, and I was hers too.

There's a lot going on in my mind. And all that I did was ran to my room and cry and cry and cry...

After hours of reminiscing my favorite memories with my favorite person, a knock on the door broke the silence.

"Carti, let's have dinner." Mom sounded calm, but I can feel her sadness.

Losing your Mom isn't easy. It's like there is a part of you that was stolen, and all that you could do is cry but you can never take it back.

I went out and gave my Mom a hug, I tried not to cry, but tears automatically fell from my eyes.\

While having dinner, my Dad decided that we should go to Indang Cavite for the wake.

I told them what about the shop.

"Really? Carti? Does the shop matter more than your Lola Flora?" Dad told me.

"No, Dad, I was just saying. I'm just gonna talk to Ela to handle it." I replied and looked down.

"Good." He said, and took the last bite of the Steak.

After dinner, I called Ela and asked her if she can handle the orders and deliveries.

She told me that she is always ready to take orders but she cannot handle deliveries, because she was sewing.

I told Dad that Ela can't do deliveries. He told me that he will contact Mino and ask if he could.

10 minutes after the call, my Dad talked to me and said Mino was sick and couldn't handle the deliveries.

My Dad can see how worried I am for the shop. Knowing that after several weeks it was a success. He told me not to worry, and he would take care of it.

----

The next day, we woke up very early to avoid traffic. We travelled for at least 3 and half hours, because we did stop overs.

Arriving at our rest house, where our Lola Flora stayed and had her last breath, and I was thinking that I wasn't ready, seeing my favorite person inside a coffin.

So I got directly to my room. My cousin who was older than me, invited me to go out.

*Knocks*