Chapter 4 : 1926

Mino's POV

I got a call from Mama, saying that Lola Flora just passed away, my heart was in shock. Most of my life was spent with her, she treated me like her own grandson. On the other hand, Mama and Papa worked for her, Mama as her caregiver and Papa as their Gardener and at the same time her Driver.

Lola Flora helped my family a lot, she even offered me to support my Education at US, but I insisted. She, then offered me to work here at Manila, at a coffee shop her daughter owns. And now, I am currently working there.

Mama Mich asked me to come home, just for tonight. When I'm on my way to Indang, I saw a familiar girl walking alone at the dark, while there is a heavy rain.

As I got closer, I realized that it was Carti. She sensed that I was behind her, but she doesn't know it was me. So I called her, and offered a ride home.

As I got her home, I immediately went to Indang for Lola Flora. When I arrived, I couldn't help but cry. The woman who supported me and my family just passed away. It's like someone took half of my life. I know that we we're not related by blood, but the love and support I felt from her was like from a real grandmother. I never experienced it, because my grandma passed away early. Too bad I have to say goodbye to the second one who loved and cared for me.

I talked to her, as she looked like she's just sleeping peacefully at her bed. I held her hand and told her that I will fulfill my promises and I would never forget what she told me.

The next day, early in the morning, I told Mama Mich and Papa Robert that I want to go home to Manila because I really wasn't feeling well. I kissed Mama Flora goodbye, and left.

----

Once I got back from Manila, I jumped in my bed. As I was about to sleep, I got a call from Sir Gabriel, my Boss. He told me if I could handle the deliveries of Carti's shop. At first, I told him I wasn't feeling well, but I accepted it. I just told him not to tell Carti that I accepted.

----

I heard that Carti, her Mom and her Dad went to Indang as well for her grandmother's wake.

That's when I decided to call Ela.

"Hello? Who's this?" She answered the phone and sounded confused.

"Hey, It's me, Mino." I answered with a husky voice. "I'm the boy who works at the coffee shop as a Barista." I added.

"Ohhh.. So what made you call me? Is there a problem?" She asked.

"Nothing. I heard that Carti lost her grandma, and Mr.Gab requested if I could handle the deliveries for the shop." I explained

"GREAT! SHE WAS REALLY WORRIED, CAN I HANG UP AND TELL HER THA-" she was not yet done talking excitedly when I requested her not to tell Carti.

After a few days of delivering back and forth, I wasn't feeling well.

When I got home, I heard that Carti got home already.

At this moment, I can feel that my body temperature was getting high. I haven't eaten dinner yet but I body feels heavy and I can' get up.

After minutes of enduring the pain, Ate Janice texted me.

Mino,

Kamusta pakiramdam mo? Si Ma'am Carti papunta jan...

Ate Janice.

Not remembering I was in pain, I immediately got out of my bed and opened my unit door. I was surprised to see Carti.