Finding a Place

Aqualad and Nightwing walked into the Watchtower followed by Midnight and Spoiler who had since changed into their costumes

"This is the training room," Nightwing said.

"I'm really not trying to be arrogant," Spoiler started. "But is this really it. I mean it's really cool we're in outer-space, but this place seems kind of low tech for a super hero hide out."

"Oh just wait," Nightwing said.

"Computer," Aqualad called. Suddenly the room was lit up with giant holographic computer screens and TVs and statistics for different things.

Midnight immediately walked up to the computers. She looked back at the two older heros askng for permission. After exchanging a look they both nodded to the girl who happened to be becoming slowly more excited.

She quickly began to mess around with the computers. Seeing what information they had on different people, where they had been, recent missions, things like that.

"You people must be really sure of yourselves," Midnight said.

"Would you look at that," Nightwing said with a laugh. "She can talk."

Midnight ignored him and continued. "I mean just showing us the Watchtower with no threats or anything."

"Well, we believe that you will gladly join after you've been shown everything," Aqualad explained.

"How do you know about the Watchtower anyway," Mightwing questioned.

"You people must have short-term memory loss," Spoiler answered for her. "Do you seriously not remember the Reach. You know the aliens that wanted to 'help' us, but they actually just wanted to take over the world."

"A little too well," came a gruff voice.

The two looked up to see Batman standing in the doorway.

"You two have some explaining to do," Batman stated plainly.

"And why do we have to do that?" Spoiler asked from her spot.

"Because whether you decide to join the Team or not, we need background information on you two."

"Ha, like that will happen," Midnight said as the computer screen faded.

"What is that supposed to mean," Nightwing said.

"What that means is that you have no right to our personal lives," Spoiler said. "You've already got our names, ages, parents. We're not giving you anymore info."

"You've been causing havoc in all of Gotham!" Batman spat walking over to the younger sister. "Police have noticed. You're untrained and immature."

"You think I'm scared of you!" she said challenging the bat. "If, and only if, I join this team will I ever follow your orders!"

"Do you know who you're talking to, little girl! You ought to have some respect!"

"Respect, RESPECT!" Midnight yelled at him "She and I are the ones taking care of Gotham and Taipei and whatever other cities you left for dead!" she yelled standing her ground.

Batman finally relaxed as he took in her words.

The blonde sighed. "Look, I understand you've been busy off world and all, but last night was your first night back. You were busy following us. Gotham, and Taipei along with it, went to crap, so we decided to do something about it. I'll give you all the respect you want, but you can't treat us like we don't deserve any either."

Stephanie cut in. "Yes we've done a few things wrong but you have, too. We've saved people. More than a hundred. So we've earn our place as heros, too."