o1 - Take Me Home

o1 - Take Me Home

     It was a cold night. I pulled my leather jacket tighter around my body as a gust of wind blew past.

     Sucking on my lollipop, I felt a sense of pride bellow up inside of me, threatening to explode. I laughed softly to myself as I turned a corner and walked into an alleyway.

     I didn't know where I was or where I was headed. In a weird, twisted way, it delighted me far more than it should have.

     Every inch of the graffiti covered walls screamed 'Danger!'. I took the coke-flavoured lollipop out of my mouth and smiled. It was a brand new feeling. So rare, so special.

     My heels clicking against the cold, wet pavement was the only sound I could hear. It was so quiet. I praised myself internally for leaving my phone back at home.

     If you could even call it a home, my subconscious whispered. A home is a place full of love and warmth. Where you feel the most comfortable. The mansion in which I lived in was far from a 'home'.

     I pushed the thought out of my head. It was no time to be thinking about that. I was outside! On my own! With no guards! No one to boss me around! No rules to follow! I finally felt like an eighteen-year-old.

     I continued further down the alley. There was a lamp-post and an opening the other end. I shivered.

     Damn, it was cold. Glancing down at my ripped shorts, I smirked. I looked like--lack of a better word-- a slut.

     I could almost imagine what was happening back at the mansion right now. It was slightly after nine, and the party had just only started. It must be sad the dear guests couldn't grace themselves with my presence.

     The last time, I didn't even make it out for more than an hour before my guards found me and brought me back. This time, I was determined for them to not find me at all. Hence the slutty-sexy getup I was wearing.

     They would have never imagined the youngest daughter of the prestigious Castillo family, wearing a pair of six-inch-high heels, fishnet stockings, a pair of ripped shorts and a cheap leather jacket with cheap stinking perfume. From the back, I probably looked like a hoe, wandering the streets alone.

     I was almost tempted to show up at the ball in my outfit and give my mother a heart attack, but that was a bit too far, even for me. I sucked on my lollipop, just enjoying the moment of utter freedom.

     Stopping for a moment, I took a look around the alleyway. It was empty, save for some boxes and trashcans near the opening the other end.

     Maybe if I was lucky, I could find a motel or something. A night out, now that was exciting!

     The wad of cash in my back pocket was yearning to be used.

     Suddenly, out of nowhere, an arm wrapped itself around my neck and something hard pressed itself against the side of my temple. My breath hitched.

     Maybe the outfit was a bit too far. I was literally a magnet for trouble. Maybe it wasn't the right time to smile, but I couldn't help it.

     "Scream, and I'll shoot."

     He sounded young, far too young. His voice was deep and soft. I squinted my eyes and zipped my lips.

     I heard a soft clicking sound and I was a hundred percent sure the thing pressed against my forehead was a gun. The smile dropped from my face. I gulped and closed my eyes.

     I hoped those years of watching Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris finally paid off. Dropping the lollipop from my hand, I cursed inwardly. That lollipop wasn't even halfway finished!