That Was My First Kiss

"And you will never know just how beautiful you are to me."

-Wake Me Up, Ed Sheeran-

Valentina

I observed myself in the mirror, looking at the woman clad in a black blouse and pencil skirt. Mr. Knight would definitely never ask me to accompany him to this dinner as his girlfriend if those pictures weren't uploaded. Except an acceptable form of curves, I'm literally a dull looking person, maybe it's the years of not putting in an effort to look a certain way. Was I disappointed because Mr. Knight would never ask me out? No way, that's not what I'm thinking. 

But, is it though? What would it be like to be his girlfriend? 

Oh my God, I need to stop with these wild thoughts.

I greeted Stacy at the reception and headed up to the top floor, hoping Mr. Knight isn't here yet so I can arrange some paperwork and his coffee before he arrives. My stomach grumbled lowly, as all I had in the morning was a granola bar. 

So, I'm out of the food I had, and it's probably been three days since I ate something, except the granola bar I saved for when I'm really hungry. Which I ate this morning. It's not a big deal. I can wait a few days till my salary comes in and then I'll definitely hit the supermarket. I was prepared to struggle when I came here, and this is me struggling. I think I'll manage it perfectly. 

I was done with my little pep talk in the elevator, and walked to my desk, only to see Mr. Knight searching the table. He huffed in frustration and rolled up the sleeves of his white shirt, the buttons at the top unbuttoned. He looked dishevelled, as if he'd been here the whole night.

"Um-are you looking for something?" I asked and his head shot up.

"Valentina, thank fuck. I can't find the schedule for the routine check-up for all the floors we're supposed to do today," he said, pouting. Stifling a giggle because of how adorable he looked while pouting, I got the paper he wanted from the drawer and handed it to him.

"What would I do without you?" He sighed, giving me a short hug before walking to his room. I followed behind him, cursing myself for flaming up like a barbecue every time his body touched mine.

"Mr. Knight, you look like you haven't slept in ages," I said.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, I slept in the office for a few hours. I wanted to finish the international meeting calls yesterday," he replied, sounding distracted.

"Fuck," he examined a blob of deep black ink on his white shirt.

"Valentina, grab a shirt from the cupboard right there, please?" I nodded and walked towards the cupboard, opening it to reveal a dozen neatly ironed white shirts. I took one and turned around, only to stop right in my tracks. 

Mr. Knight had his shirt unbuttoned and he slid it off his shoulders, resting it on the chair beside him. He concentrated on the papers in his hand, but I couldn't seem to look at anything except him. His smooth chest led deep into the strong set of abs on his toned torso. He flexed his large bicep, his muscles contracting as he ran his fingers through his hair. Suddenly, he turned and the muscles on his back contracted and relaxed simultaneously, making my cheeks hotter by the second. What would it be like if I could maybe touch his smooth-WAIT NO. I shook my head and snapped myself out of it. So what if he's sexy? I've seen-actually come to think of it, he's the first sexy man I've ever seen. I approached him slowly and cleared my throat. He turned to me and smiled, still distracted by the paper he was going through. He slid the shirt on and continued to read with concentration. I checked the time and realized we would be late for the checks, so I inched closer towards him, and my fingers reached out to the first button of the shirt.