She's My Girl, She'll Be Wearing My Clothes

"For as long as I live, and as long as I love, I will never not think about you."

-Never Not, LAUV-

Valentina

The car stopped and my heart was nowhere to be found in my chest. I forgot how to make it beat rhythmically amidst the nervousness. Why are you so worked up, Valentina? It isn't like you're meeting your future husband's parents or anything. This isn't real. You have to pretend to be his girlfriend just for tonight. You can totally do this.

The pep talk sounded great in my mind and I confidently strode up the stairs in my red heels beside Xavier, my arm linked with his. We seemed to have arrived quite late and many people were already leaving the party. The inside of Xavier's parent's house was nothing short of stunning. The interior screamed sophistication and I was mesmerized by the chandelier above us. The party seemed to be in another room as I heard the music coming in from there, but Xavier pulled me along to another room, which was equally beautiful, and seemed to be a living room.

"Are you nervous, princess?" He asked, holding my arms gently and I nodded frantically. He chuckled at my reaction.

"I had a feeling. There's nothing to be nervous about, Valentina. My family will love you. I knew you'd be overwhelmed around a large crowd, so I informed them we'd be coming in late. You have to meet a few of the important people only," he said, and a smile appeared on my face as I wondered how thoughtful he is.

"Xavier Alexander Knight," a stern voice called out and the smile on Xavier's face dropped, he looked like he was in trouble. He nervously smiled towards the woman standing at the doorway of the living room, with a man who strikingly resembled an older version of Xavier beside her, smirking at Xavier right now. The woman looked very angry, but she was very beautiful. A young girl appeared from behind them, and she was almost the same height as me, a little healthier than the rest of the family, but she looked adorable with her rosy plump cheeks and shy smile. Behind her, a small boy peeked at Xavier, with big brown eyes and a timid expression. This has to be Xavier's family.

"Mother," Xavier addressed her nervously and that confirmed my thoughts. The woman approached us and placed her hands menacingly on both sides of her waist.

"You had a car accident. A car accident for God's sake. And you didn't even bother to call us and let us know you're okay? Is this what I've taught you, to not receive our calls and hide these incidents from me?" She asked, and Xavier gulped. Surprise overtook me as it was the first time, I've seen him so scared, even though he towered over her just as he did over me with his height.

"Mother, I was going to meet all of you today anyway. So I thought I'd just tell you about it in person," he mumbled, trailing off at the end as his mother did not look too convinced with his explanation.

"You should've come here right away so we could have taken care of you," she scolded him, eyes brimming with tears as she saw his forehead.

"Valentina was with me, Mother, she took care of me yesterday," he smiled proudly, looking at me.