{Chapter 10} Back To Basics

Russian: Here
English: Here
Japanese: Here

[Oikawa's POV]

I laid on my bed catching Z's and having a nice sleep when I suddenly awoke to loud screams and people shouting. "Mhhh- what?" I yawned. I sat up only to find Kunimi and Matsukawa arguing.

"Are you guys arguing about whether hell or heaven is better again...-" I sighed softly. Knowing that today was going to be a long day. The bright side is, I would be seeing Sho-chan again.

But, I still have to wait a long time before I can...urgh. I got up sluggishly and headed to the bathroom. Morning were the worst in my opinion. I wonder how morning people even exist- and how can they even wake up so early. Without even being tired.

My eyes blinked as I brushed my teeth and took a bath. I knew that if I had stayed in bed any longer, Iwa-Chan is going to chop my head off. Sometimes, I wish I could have stayed with Sho-chan. At least he wouldn't kill me if I woke up late.

I had been thinking way more about him ever since that 'date'. I was unsure whether or not I should ask him out again. He must be really busy with school, volleyball and on top of that, skating.

I wonder how he handles it all. I changed and dragged my feet down to eat breakfast at the hotel's cafe. I found Iwa-Chan, Matsukawa, Kunimi, Kindaichi and Hanamaki already waiting.

I skittered to the table they were at and ordered a coffee while sitting down quietly. "So, Oikawa. Not flirting with the waitress today eh?" Matsukawa chuckled. And I could tell that Iwa-Chan was trying to hold in his laugh.

"Not today. Too tired. And StOp lAuGhiNg. I don't flirt with EVERYONE." I continued to sip my coffee. My whole team only thinks of me as a major flirt. Well. Not anymore. I'm gonna try winning Sho-chan's heart from now on.

I'm pretty sure I won't be flirting with anyone any time soon. I continued to chat with my teammates while waiting for the time I would finally get to see Sho-chan skating again...

[3rd Person POV]

Karasuno arrived at the skating rink looking as tired as ever. They had barely gotten any rest because of excitement. Well, all except Hinata. He was used to being excited like this and even managed to get some quality sleep time.

While others yawned while putting on their rented skates, the orange haired male took out his own expensive skates. They were white washed 'Edea' skates with a touch of silver on the bottom. One look and everyone could tell that it was expensive and rare

 One look and everyone could tell that it was expensive and rare

Hinata's skates^

"WOAH! Hinata where'd you get those? They look super expensive. I didn't know you were rich!" Hinata was confused. He had a flashback to when he got those skates. He just randomly walked into a local sports store and bought whatever he liked and looked durable.

He didn't even check the price tag so he didn't know how much it costed. "Uh. Well it's a gift from my uncle. He really likes skating and figured that he would give his old skates to me!" Hinata swiftly lied.

He didn't like lying, but he had no choice but to. Karasuno soon went on to the I've rink to see Nekoma and Fukorodani already there. Hinata dashed towards Kenma and Lev without thinking. "Wow! Your pretty fast Hinata. To think you can skate so well when it's only been your first time." Kuroo was astonished.

Hinata giggled and continued having a conversation with Lev and Kenma. They then glided on the ice gracefully together. Lev and Hinata guiding Kenma. It wasn't his first time on ice but Kenma was still trying to get used to gliding.

Soon, their instructor arrived. "Alright everyone! My name is Akihito Hiroko. But you can call me Coach Aki. I'll be your instructor for these next months. We'll be learning from the basics on how to skate!" A red headed young looking male said.

'Well, guess I'm going back to the basics. The things about skating that I have learnt since I was 5. This'll be fun!' Hinata thought, smiling. Lev and Hinata grinned at each other, knowing that they wouldn't need to learn the basics.

When it was time to skate, Coach Aki showed everyone an example of a simple double toe-loop. "Now, anyone want to try? You don't need to worry whether or not you get enough rotations in for now!" He smiled. Silence filled the entire rink. No one dared to try.

Lev wanted to, but stopped himself just in case. "I see, I'll just pick someone then! Hmmmm. How about Hinata?" Coach Aki questioned. Hinata nodded lightly and glided through the ice, doing a perfect double toe-loop. Everyone was astounded.

"Subarashii! That even had enough rotations! Your a natural!" The red headed male clapped. Lev and Kenma shot a 'great job' look at Hinata. Although it felt kind of like cheating as he had learned about skating since he was 5.

The perks of having two legendary skaters as dads. "Alright, that's it for now! Feel free to ask me anything after class!" Coach Aki exclaimed. Everyone then headed to the changing rooms to change out of their skates. Everyone except Hinata, Kenma and Lev.

They stayed behind even after everyone left and patiently waited for two specific people. "Let's just skate while waiting guys!" Hinata suggested. "Ok then, since your dads are running quite late." Kenma calmly replied. Lev nodded joyfully and the three to them started to skate, waiting for Viktor and Yuri to show up.