Freebie: His Birthday- Cristiano Ronaldo

Footballer/Soccer player: Cristiano Ronaldo

Main character name: Mariana

Scenario: Birthday

"Mama, where's dad? Today's his birthday." Little Cristianinho asked me as he tugged on the hem of my shirt. I stopped cooking and squatted down, so I was about eye level with him.

"Just because it's his birthday doesn't mean he can't go to work. He'll come back hijo, don't worry. I'll make you something to eat, go help abuela." I kissed his forehead before he ran to go help.

Today was Cristiano's birthday. He was turning 30. For footballers, becoming 30 and older practically means you only have have a decade left to retired. I didn't want Cris to feel old and like he couldn't last long in the sport he loves. I needed him to feel young. I planned a surprise party for him in the backyard. I haven't told him Happy Birthday on purpose, I was acting like it was a normal day and I made everyone do the same.

His mother Maria Dolores is in the back with a few other close friends to set up the things. I wanted to give him his childhood birthday party. Simple chairs and tables, his favorite cakes, family and friends, a barbecue, and music. He was too caught up in fancy cars, millions of dollars, and paparazzi, he needed a break from that life.

I heard the door open. Cristiano made his way into the kitchen, sweaty and stinky.

"Hey Mariana. You making food?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was hungry. Oh! Guess who's birthday is today?" I squeaked.

He sarcastically said, "I don't know, maybe me-"

"Katie! Her birthday is today and I was gonna go shopping with her. You don't mind right?" I boomed at him. He seemed genuinely hurt. I bit my lip, "Maybe later. First, I need to show you the garden. I fibally finished it. Here put this on, it's a surprise." Cristiano looked really pissed. It kind of made me fearful but this was just an act.

He tied the bandana around his eyes. I led him to the back of his house. It was a little aggrevating as I almost kept bumping him into the walls but we made it to his backyard. Everyone was standing in their places, ready to yell. I ran to stand with everyone.

"Take it off." I told him.

He was reluctant but he took it off. When he did, we all yelled, "Happy Birthday!"

His frown quickly became a wide smile. His mother ran up to him to hug him.

"Mamae," he choked out.

"Happy Birthday my son," she said.

Cristiano hugged his Cristianinho next. Then everyone. Last but not least he hugged me.

"I hate you," he muttered as he hugged me tighter.

I laughed, "I hate you too."