Chapter 8: Sisi Ni Sawa

Kion continued limping deeper and deeper into the tunnels, the space seemed to shrink a little as he went on. His fur bristled nervously and he jumped at the slightest of sounds, the darkness seemed to go on forever. It's no use... There's no way out...

He then sat down in front of a small puddle, his throat suddenly felt dry. He stretched his head forward and took one lap at the water, than immediately spat it out. Ugh, it's practically nothing but muddy water! He sighed. This is hopeless, how long will I stay like this...? Suddenly, his eyes felt heavy and his paws began to tremble. Then Kion collapsed onto the ground and all went dark.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Kion slowly opened his eyes and gasped. He wasn't in the tunnels anymore, instead, he was in a dark, shadowy forest with lots of tall, dank, gray trees. The forest looked dull, vast, and empty. The air is cold, thick, foggy, and damp and it seemed to have an eerie, echoing silence. Kion looked up and saw a black and starless sky, the trees were so tall, he was unable to see anything above them, it was as if the trees were purposefully allowing no light whatsoever to reach the forest. The mist wreathed the thick, sticky, bare forest floor. There was a sluggish river, its waters dark and lifeless with no stepping stones or fallen trees to be used to cross it, and around the river are a couple sucking mud puddles. Fungus grew on the bases of the trees, glowing a sickly green and no grass grew at all.

Where am I?

Suddenly, flames erupted from behind Kion, nearly burning his tail. Kion yelped and tried to escape, but then the flames blocked his path. He skidded to a halt and watched with terror as the flames formed a circle around him, allowing no way for him to escape. The heat was so intense, Kion was surprised he hadn't burned to a crisp just yet. His hairs stood on its end when he suddenly heard a loud howl, he looked up and noticed a series of flaming flares circling and spiraling all around above his head. Fire dripped from their tails, and Kion quickly hobbled sideways to avoid getting burned by the raining embers. They quickly went out as soon as they hit the ground, leaving only a sizzling, ashy spot on the ground.

"Hevi kabisa...!" Kion whispered under his breath as he watched some of the flames draw closer together and morph into a giant lion. His fear was quickly replaced with anger as he recognized the fiery lion with pure hatred. The lion laughed menacingly as he stared back at Kion, the scar over his left eye glowed brightly.

"Scar..." Kion muttered.

"Thought you could get rid of me forever, didn't you, Kion?" Scar boomed. "I'm afraid you can't get rid of me that easily, I'll always be a part of you. After all, we are the same, blood and destiny!"

"No!" Kion shouted. "We are not the same! I'm not like you, Scar!"

"Is that so?" Scar chuckled. "Tell me something, what kind of leader of the Lion Guard kills his team mate, let alone, his friend, hmm?"

Kion stiffened. "You... You saw all that?"

"Pfft, of course I did! What, did you think that I'd spend the rest of my afterlife in Hell, moping about?" Scar asked sarcastically. "I've been watching you from the moment you and your dumb friends started your pathetic journey, traveling to the Tree of Life to get rid of your scar, yes? Well guess what, your scar is permanent, Kion! You can never get rid of it! It's cursed, just like your Roar, it will NEVER go away! There is only one way to cope with it, and that is to embrace the darkness! You have the Mark of Evil, just like me! Just accept your destiny! Let your scar turn you into the monster you were always destined to be!"