Chapter 1

(Niall's P.O.V)

I sat on the edge of a fountain, strumming my guitar and taking in the sight of the city. The chilly Chicago breeze hit me in the face and I pulled my jacket up to cover part of my neck. It's rather cold, despite it being June. Married couples and couples older than I walk by, handing me money every so often. I rolled my eyes. I'm just here for some peace and quiet. Better here than back in my hotel room with screaming girls outside and equally noisy boys inside.

As the night goes on, the couples cleared out until I'm left to myself with the occasional taxi whizzing by. Then, a few blocks away, I see I girl walking in my direction. I don't think much of it. Chicago is a busy city. I just keep playing my guitar.

I finish playing one of my songs and look up. There the girl is, standing right in front of me. She sits down next me. "You're good," she says. I smile, "Thanks. So... What brings you here?" "Nothing much, really. I'm in town for the weekend with my best friends. I was supposed to meet them down at the pier this afternoon. That didn't happen. I can't find my way around here to save my life. So I've been kinda wondering around all day and then I saw you. You seemed nice and here we are," the girl explained. I smiled before replying. "Well, I hope your assumption was correct. Anyway, I'm here for the weekend, too. And I'd be happy to give you something to do. I saw an ice cream shop down the street. I was just about to head over there and see of it's open. Care to join?" I asked. "I'd love to!" she smiled. I stood up, situated my guitar strap on my shoulder, and held my arm out for her. "Shall we?" I said. She stood up and hooked her arm in mine. She smiled, "We shall." We started off down the street.

************************************

A/N: Hi guys! Thanks so much for reading my fanfic! This is the first one I've ever posted on Wattpad. I've written some before though. Feel free to give me constructive criticism. I'm open to suggestions. I want to make this story as good as possible!