Chapter 2

(Niall's P.O.V)

"I'll have a brownie sundae." 

"And I'll have a mango smoothie." 

I handed the cashier the money, rejecting the money the girl tried to hand me.

It took only a few minutes for the cashier to hand us our ice cream. We took them and sat down at one of the many empty tables. "I don't believe I ever got your name," I said, taking a sip of my smoothie. "I suppose not. I'm Alexa. But you can call me Alex," she told me.

Was I supposed to tell her my name? Did she know who I was? It sure seemed like she didn't. But what other reason was there to be in Chicago this weekend? I was almost positive that the concert was the only thing going on. I guess it couldn't hurt if I introduced myself...

"Nice to meet you, Alex. I'm Niall. And you can call me Niall," I said. She laughed.

We sat and talked for a long time. I learned about her and she learned about me. Her favorite drink was sweet tea. Her favorite sport was cross country. Her favorite food was tacos. Her favorite color was purple. She loved cheesy pick-up lines. That was just some of the things about her.

We were still talking when the cashier walked up to us. "Excuse me," he said, "but it's 12:30. I'm afraid the shop is closing and you'll have to leave." "Oh my gosh! We better get going then!" Alex said. We thanked the cashier and hurried to leave.

"Do you want me to walk you to your hotel?" 

"Sure. I mean, only if you want to." 

"I want to. Where are you staying?" 

"The Intercontinental."

Crap. That's where I was staying. I laughed, trying to hide my nervousness. "That's where I'm staying," I said. "Oh thank goodness. I felt bad, making you walk me to my hotel and you having to find yours," Alex said, relieved.

************************************ 

A/N: I hope y'all liked the chapter!

Sorry for the weird upload time. I'm at lunch and I had time. I wrote some of chapter 3 during language arts.

Anyway. Enough of my life story. Feedback is appreciated! Thanks!