Penny?

"Anyways, that's how we convinced Clayton to appreciate who he was and to be himself!" Darwin said before taking a bite of his burger.
Everyone laughs. Everyone except for Penny.

"Don't you ever get a break? I would if I was having to make up for everyone's mistakes. Including yours Gumball!" Carrie joked.

"Hey not all of them were my problems! I had to suffer every time you would get jealous about something!" Gumball protested.

"She's just saying that we all make mistakes from time to time." Darwin reassures his offended brother.

"To time to time." Carrie adds.

'Penny hasn't said a word since we've gotten our lunches.'Gumball thought to himself. 'I wonder what is bothering her?'

"Hey Penny, are you ok?" Gumball looks at her picking at her food. "You've hardly eaten."

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Penny forced a slight smile.
Gumball could tell that something was seriously bothering her, but he didn't ask anymore questions.

"Hey Larry!" Gumball said across the diner so Larry could hear them. "May we have two strawberry milkshakes?" Gumball asked.

"Right away!", Larry responded.

Gumball knew this was Penny's favorite.
She smiled at Gumball when he offered to share his with her.

"Thanks.", She said.

"No problem." Gumball said.

They all had their milkshakes and decided to go to the park afterwards. It was Saturday after all, so they had the entire rest of the day to hang out.
Just as they were about to walk to two benches, Penny stops walking. Gumball walks over to her.

"Can I speak with you in private for a minute?" Penny said softly.

" Of course." Gumball said.

"Are you guys coming?" Darwin and Carrie both ask at the same time.

"Go on ahead," Gumball answers. "We'll catch up."

Carrie and Darwin exchange confused looks with each other, but then just shrug and keep walking.

"Do you promise not to tell anyone this? Not yet anyways." Penny asks him.

Gumball gives her a confused yet worried look.
"I swear on every single time I mess up." Gumball promises.

Penny smiles. But then it quickly fades and she looks down at the ground.

"Can I tell you anything?" She asks in a soft tone.

"Of course." He said.

To be continued... (again)