Chapter 7

Dakota's POV

The only thing that has changed about Hunter in these few weeks that we started dating is that he is more affectionate in terms of physical affection. Other than that, he's still the same old, grouchy man, and I wouldn't trade him for the world. I think it would freak me out if he was just super nice all of a sudden.

I'm really excited for tonight, because it's our Saturday date night. Hunter told me that he is going to cook us a meal, instead of going out to eat. I thought that cheerleaders were bad about counting calories, but Hunter is like a calorie calculator. I guess it is different in a sense, but still. He can't eat this or he can't eat that because he needs to stick to his meal plan. I never knew just how meticulous body builders had to be about their nutrition, and don't even get me started on his workout regime. They guy worked out five hours each day, six days out of the week.

I put on a nice little blue slip dress. I often feel like blue doesn't match my hair very well, but I really like the way that this dress looks and feels. I curled my hair, put on some sandals, and headed out the door. Right as I open the door I crash into someone. I look up to see my brother, Brady. I guess he was here to see my parents.

"Where are you going all dressed up?" he asked when he looked me over.

"No where, and I'm not dressed up. You just don't have a good fashion sense" I tried to walk out of the house, but he stopped me by grabbing me by the arm.

"Ah ah ah. Not so fast kid. Cough it up" He crossed his arms.

"Fine. I'm going on a date with my boyfriend. Happy?" I huffed at him and he looked at me in disbelief.

"When did you get a boyfriend? And how come I never met him?" Oh so now he wants to be all protective.

"Well you would have known if you ever came to visit. I have to go Brady, I don't want to be late" I pulled my ar, out of his grasp and rushed off to my car. I pulled out of the driveway without sparing him a glance. Was I being too harsh? I know that he's all grown up now, but I wish that he would visit me more often.

I knocked on the door excitedly, and I opened it to find a very handsome Hunter in some dark washed jeans, and a white button up shirt, "You look really good, daddy"

"Watch it brat. I wanna actually eat dinner first" He brought me into his arms after closing the door.

"It smells good in here. What did you make?" I sniffed the air and then smiled at him.

"I just made some salmon and asparagus" He shrugged, and I don't know how to cook so that sounds really fancy to me.

"That sounds good, but doesn't your pee stink when you eat asparagus?" I scrunched up my nose, and he just rolled his eyes at me.

"C'mon brat, let's go eat. I'm starving." He led me into the dining room, and I was shocked to see that he already plated everything and there was even a candle sitting in the middle of the table.

"You are so cute Hunter. I love this!" His cheeks flushed a little, and I gave him a quick peck on the lips as he pushed my chair in for me.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Shut up and eat your asparagus" Wow, what a charmer. The salmon was actually really good, and I'm not that big of a seafood fan. I felt really healthy. Man if I keep hanging out with Hunter, I'm gonna be eating really healthy which is a good thing.

"How was your day?" I didn't work today. In my new schedule I decided to take Saturday off instead of Wednesday, and I liked it a lot better.

"It was alright. Your friend Tucker spilled water all over the floor, but other than that nothing really happened. Just the usual, and a bunch of paperwork" I wasn't surprised to hear that Tucker spilled something. He was a total klutz.