Chapter11

Hunter's POV

"Does this look alright Hunter or should I change?" Dakota is currently panicking about his outfit while I'm trying to take a nap.

"Yeah, brat it looks great" I said without opening my eyes.

"You didn't even look at me Hunter!" He scolded me, "This is really important. I'm meeting your family. What if they decide that they don't like me because I'm wearing the wrong skirt with this shirt?"

"Do you know how crazy you sound right now? My family won't give a damn about what you're wearing and if they say shit about you just let me know. I don't know why you're freaking out so much, now shut up so I can sleep" I sat up before laying back down.

"You're so mean right now. Hopefully after the nap you're less grouchy" He complained and I just ignored him as I fell asleep.

When I woke up from my nap, he was curling his hair. He was in a denim skirt, and a tight baby blue cropped long sleeve shirt. I have to admit that his belly button piercing did look really good on him. My family was having a barbeque that everyone was supposed to be showing up to and I thought it would be good to introduce Dakota to them.

I took a quick shower before putting on a simple white v neck, and some shorts. Nothing special, and I certainly wasn't going to get all worked up like the brat. I walked over to him while he was bent over and slapped his ass.

He yelped and shot up, "Hey! Why did you do that?"

"I wanted to," I shrugged. He pouted so I gave him a small kiss on his pouty lips.

"I think we need to get going soon." I checked the clock and nodded in confirmation. He slipped on some sandals and we were off.

I wasn't really that nervous. Obviously I want my family to like and approve of Dakota, but I'm a grown ass man and I can make decisions without the influence of their opinion. I love my family, but they can be a bit much and you never know how they are going to react.

Dakota was fidgeting the whole way there which was slightly annoying, but I was just glad he wasn't singing that atrocious song. He was really tense when we walked up the driveway. I held his hand as I rang the doorbell.

"Oh my goodness! Hi, Hunter! You look so handsome and so grown up!" My aunt Grace opened the door and I wanted to cry.

"Hi Aunt Grace, can you let us in please?" She moved out of the way, and I led us to the backyard. This place was huge, and it was because Aunt Grace marries well.

Dakota was gripping my hand really tightly but his grip loosened when he spotted a familiar face, "Hey dad, hi Dakota. I'm surprised you guys are so early. Usually dad doesn't come until he's over an hour late because he says that he has better things to do"

"Oh shut the fuck up Blake" I couldn't add more to that because it was true.

"Hunter Donovan Ford! What did I tell you about speaking like that to my little baby?!" I whipped my head around to see my mother standing behind me with her hands on her hips.

"Yeah well he was trying to make me look bad" I tried to explain myself.

"Ah ah I don't want to hear it. Plus my precious little Blake could never do such a thing" She held up her hand to me and walked over to Blake.

"Hi grandma. Dad was being mean to me" Oh that kid was going to get it.

"Yes dear I know. I'll deal with him, why don't you go hang out with your cousins for now" She shooed him off before turning to us. She finally paid attention to the squirmish red head attached to my arm.