Chapter 14

Dakota's POV

I am so nervous. I really don't know what they'll say. I quickly ripped open the envelope before I chickened out and my stomach was turning at every word. Accepted. I got accepted to every school that I applied to, and I'm so excited and relieved. But now comes the part where I have to decide where I'm gonna go. This whole time I've been so worried about being accepted that I didn't really think or plan beyond that.

"Well? What do they say?" Hunter walked over to me and gave me a peck on the lips.

I smiled at him, "I got in!" I jumped into his arms, and he smiled back at me.

"That's great. Where do you think you'll go?" He asked and I didn't really know what to tell him.

"I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm thinking maybe I'll just go to Waldorf university. It's close by and everyone I know is here" I mumbled into his chest.

"What other options do you have? Cause what are you going to school for?" He was going to make my brain explode.

"I want to go into interior design, and Waldorf offers that, but the other school that is better known for that program is all the way across the country" I explain to him, and he tenses a little.

"Did you get in?"

"Yeah, but I don't think I'll go there" I shrug

"Why not? What's keeping you from jumping at the chance?" I cringed.

"What is this? An interrogation. I just don't want to go, okay?" I was starting to get a little annoyed.

"No. Just answer the damn question, brat" He crossed his arms at me

"I already told you. I don't want to go far away" I said with a clipped tone and tried to get away from him.

"I don't see why. There's nothing that great here, and if you can go to the place that is rated for the job that you want, I would go" He just wasn't getting it.

"Fine Hunter! You got me! Have you ever thought that maybe I don't want to go away and be across the country from my boyfriend!" I shouted at him and glared

"That's a fucking stupid reason. You should not put your future on the line, just for a relationship. Who knows if we'll even last that long, and yet you want to base your decision over it. What happens if you choose to stay here, and we break up, and now you regret not going to the school of your dreams. I don't want to be the reason you make decisions important to your growth" He growled out, and if that didn't hurt.

"Screw you Hunter! I'm sorry for caring about you, and wanting you in my life" Tears were starting to drip down my face

"Ever heard of long distance or facetime? I'm not that old. I know how to use a fucking phone" He wasn't yelling but he was still upset.

"Yeah well maybe I don't want to do long distance, and maybe I thought you cared about our relationship a lot more than you actually do. Just leave me alone right now" I grabbed my purse and walked to my car.

"Yeah that's real mature. Just run away from your problems. As soon as something doesn't go your way huh?" He mocked me from the doorway.

"Shut up Hunter! I can't believe you sometimes" I rushed into my car and took off trying not to crash from the tears blurring my vision.

I slammed the front door shut and ran to my room. I plopped onto my bed and just let it all out. I heard footsteps come up to my room before the door opened, "Oh sweetie, what's bothering you"

At the sound of my mom's voice I started crying harder and I crawled into her open arms. I was ugly crying at this point, "Hunter he-he-he doesn't care at all, and I-I- love him so much mommy"