Chapter 1

***Amélie's point of view***

**Three years later **

*Silverstone - July 2014*

'Mimi, Ferrari is missing the copy of the changes -'

'Got it. On my way.'

'Mimi, can you also drop by Red Bull's pit wall. They're also missing -'

'The summary from the driver's meeting?'

'Yes, could you -?'

'Sure. Anything else?'

'Not at the moment.'

The silence on the headphones implicated that my manager David had said what he wanted and I rolled my eyes out of amusement. His communication was always on the point and short. I hurried towards the pit wall on my 3-inch heels, and I cursed my footwear choice on the zillionth time during the day. My feet hurt like a bitch from standing on them for hours. I had been assured the day before I was on desk duty for the rest of the weekend. I was fuming in anger when I navigated through the pit to reach the dedicated teams' pit walls. I was hangry as I hadn't eaten my lunch yet, despite time clocking towards three in the afternoon. The morning had been hectic as one of the runners had fallen sick, or had a massive hangover (whatever came first), which meant I had been signed up to take over the tasks.

'Massimo', I called out Ferrari's Sports Director panting before I reached him on his seat. I still had to stop by Red Bull's pit wall before the qualifications kicked off in a few. 'Bellissima', he grinned and greeted me with a kiss on my cheeks. 'How is your father?'

'Same old, same old', I dismissed the question. My father was a prominent official in FIA, making him an important figure at the sport. Due to his fame, in most cases, I pretended we weren't related. I had taken my mother's maiden name to avoid the association, much to my father's shock and annoyance. 'I would love to chat, but the clock is ticking', I sighed dramatically before I gave out the necessary paperwork to Massimo. 'Here's the briefing. Next time, love, please take it with you when you leave the driver's meeting', I winked, hoping it would look teasing and sexy instead of creepy.

I had to play what I got; porcine skin, reddish long and wavy hair and piercing green eyes. My father had given me a nickname when I was growing up: Belle, which means beautiful French. The pet name didn't precisely reflect me as a person as my name was -

'Amélie, darling!' Christian Horner said and greeted me with kisses to my cheeks. Any public physical interaction made me uncomfortable— Red Bull's pit wall was the last stop before my freedom to have late lunch. I had hoped I could drop off the documents and make my exit without a fuss. How wrong I was as now I was stuck for small talk with Christian, who had a reputation for talking - a lot.

Putting my best polite smile to my face, I dove right into the conversation on the guessing game whether Sebastian Vettel had got his mojo back. 'I'm sure he will get past of his struggles soon. Seb is gifted, but he has struggled with the car this year. He has had some unlucky moments also', I did my best to assure and come across diplomatically indifferent. In reality, I had hots for Daniel, Sebastian's racing buddy. We were about the same age, better yet, we were also sleeping together.

Speaking of the devils, Sebastian and Daniel were both making their way to the pit wall, making me sigh impatiently and looked at the watch. The lunch was on for only another fifteen minutes, and I desperately needed food. 'Christian, I would love to stay to chat, but I need food', I pleaded the most dramatic matter possible, tapping my watch. 'The lunch is cleared out in fifteen minutes, hence doodles!' I sprinted off just when the gents reached Christian and me. I saw in the corner of my eye that Sebastian rolled his eyes and puffed before making a remark that I didn't bother to hear nor knowledge. I was on a mission to eat.