Chapter 10

*Sochi - September/October 2015*

I flopped myself to my couch and closed my eyes to enjoy the peacefulness of my one-bedroom flat in Marylebone. The F1 schedule was intense, and to some extent, the weekends had already become a blur since I joined. Being home gave me comfort because I was drained. It also allowed me to step outside of the F1 bumble and figure out what I wanted regarding two drivers that had made my life a mess and consider David's offer to run the show in Formula E series.

The time seemed to pause until I opened my eyes. I let my gaze skim through the state of my flat; a pile of clothes in a laundry basket waiting for ironing, dry cleaner bags hanging on the bedroom door and my bombed suitcase. The overall feeling was chaotic; since I last had been home before Singapore. 'I guess I should tidy up.' I dug my phone out of my bag. I connected it to Alexa, choosing a random playlist on Spotify for background music.

I was humming Ed Sheeran while folding my unused clothes back to the closet. I also dusted, vacuumed and felt satisfied once I was done with the tidying up and had a final look at the flat again. My heart skipped the beat of happiness, and somehow my life felt more structured after the cleaning.

 My heart skipped the beat of happiness, and somehow my life felt more structured after the cleaning

I loved being home in-between the trips whenever it was possible. It meant a free weekend, which was the case in-between Suzuka and Sochi. I was a sucker for a good sleep in on the weekends, and I took full advantage of it. However, this weekend was slightly different due to a house guest.

I yawned and stretched my body comfortably in my bed. 'Ah, watch with the hands!' Daniel complained when I accidentally slapped him to the face. I blushed as I had forgotten he was there. Daniel had shown up the night before unannounced to 'surprise' me for a weekend in London. 

Daniel moved closer to me, looking at me with his sleepy eyes. He scooped me into his chest and connected our lips softly. 'You know you have a price to pay', he joked sleepily, falling back to sleep. I smiled and left feather-like kisses all over his face, until I moved slowly towards his neck, making the kisses more lingering and hot. 'Hmm, someone is in a good mood this morning', Daniel murmured, keeping his eyes closed, yet he gave me more access to his neck and naked chest. I looked up to Daniel hazel eyes that had popped open again, taking in my features. I chuckled and stroked his manhood. 'It's a hell of a good morning', before taking his mind into other activities that I had in mind for his cock.

'Who are we meeting now?' Daniel asked when we were walking down the streets in Notting Hill. He pushed his gap further to cover his face. I shook my head. I wore large sunnies to cover more than half of my face if someone was keen on taking pictures of us. When my family was relatively famous, my photos dropped by to the tabloids now and then. Also, I wasn't particularly interested in repeating the Suzuka incident with the photographers; they had had a field trip on that day. This had made me self continuous, and occasionally, I tried to avoid public affection around certain Aussie.

Daniel grabbed my hand as a reassurance, though I flinched involuntarily and had a quick look around us before I relaxed.

'We're meeting Laura and Natalie. They're my mates from Oxford', I beamed, focusing on meeting the duo. Although I had seen them in Singapore, I missed them terribly. Also, Laura had been a tremendous help when I phoned her in the middle of the night from Suzuka. I had cried on the phone for hours. 'Yeah, I saw them briefly in Singapore. Laura is the bubbly blond one, right?'