White Fang-Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2   THE LONE WOLF     

White Fang ran to his den. He dropped the rabbit bones on the floor. It was warm inside Fang's den,not as warm, but warm. He was chewing on his rabbit bones. He was still HUNGRY. What? You think one  rabbit will fill him up? No, no, no! He is a big wolf. Despite being small at birth, he is a huge wolf.He took a couple of steps outside. He sniffed the air. Again he smelt pine trees and bark, wait, he hasn't smelt this one since Autumn, deer.

He followed the smell of big, tasty deer. There she was. A full grown female deer. White Fang was creeping up upon her, his fur blending into the white, soft snow. She started moving more into the woods as Fang followed. The deer stopped at a small piece of grass and BAM, there she lay, the dead deer. White Fang's eyes lit up. He quickly dragged the deer to his den. He saved half of the deer. The scent of fresh kill attracted another wolf.

The wolf found fang outside a few feet from his den. It was a clever, gentle female. They weren't siblings, not even looking the same in color or shape. She slowly walked up. She knew he had caught the deer. She sniffed noses with him as if she was saying,"I want to team up with you." He jerked away as if he rejected. The she-wolf tried again. This time he growled and scratched her. He looked her dead in the eyes as if he was saying,"I don't need ANY help. Im a lone wolf." He barked. She got frightened and ran as fast as she could.