Post #1

Site: Bluethat.com
Topic: RealHorror
Date: November 06, 2019
Time: 2:17 PM
Post: I'm Stuck at a Hospital
Author: DaJoeKingYeti92

Today has been one of the strangest days of my life and I'm not too sure what to do, or even what I can do in my current situation. I've tried calling and texting people close to me, but it doesn't seem to concern them. So now I turn to you, the internet, because I really don't have any other options at this point.

I guess I should start from the beginning of what happened and how I got in this messed up situation.

A few months ago, I got pretty hurt on the job. I'm very thankful and lucky to be alive, but it messed me up pretty bad. I've been going to physiotherapy religiously since, and have recovered quite well, but I'm nowhere near 100% yet.

Since the injury happened at work, their insurance has been covering my salary, along with the cost of my rehabilitation. The insurance company thinks I am milking the system, or that myself or my physiotherapist isn't doing all we can to get better. All of this is bullshit, but they need their forms filled out, so I humour them. Their response was to send me to a clinic at a nearby hospital, one run by their company. Their reasoning being if their people tell them that I still have a lot of recovery to do then they will ease up a bit. With that bit of hope, I agreed to go to their facility.

Now, I don't live with my parents anymore, but the hospital where I had to go was in their city, so I got my dad to drop me off. Unfortunately, I didn't have anyone that could pick me up, so I had to arrange transportation through the insurance company. I have done that more than a few times since the accident and the rides are normal. Usually they are filled with awkward small talk and classical music. It was refreshing to not have to use them this time though. The drive in with my dad was pleasant; it was great to catch up with him.

It was only after I walked into the hospital at 11:00 AM that things started to tilt a little bit.

Now I wasn't taking note at the time, so full conversations are a tad hazy, so I apologize for all the uncertainty. I started by registering at the outpatient desk. Most of the check-in was normal, but looking back, I realize that the nurse asked me.

"How long will you be staying with us?"

I just responded with,

"As long as I need to."

Looking back at that question, it was not a typical outpatient question, let alone a typical hospital administrator question. I just thought that she meant whether I had a departure time or not. Why would I have any reason to think otherwise?

I sat down with some forms and questionnaires to fill out, typical for a first time visit to any clinic. As I was filling out the papers, I noticed from my peripherals that the other people in the waiting room kept on looking at me. I didn't think anything of it. Since the injury, people have been looking at me strangely, almost in a judgemental way. Sure, it's rude, but I've been dealing with it for months, and I am fairly good at ignoring people's stares; I would just stare back, and most people would look away.

That is exactly what I did when I caught someone staring at me; they immediately looked away. A couple minutes later I noticed someone else was staring, along with the first person. Their gazes shot through me, as if they were peering into my soul. I quickly shot my head up and they both looked away, and I went back to finishing up my paperwork.

The last bundle was a multiple-choice questionnaire and I focused in on that like a laser. Once I was done, I looked up and saw that the five other people in the waiting room were looking at me. This time was different though, because when I stared back, they just locked eyes with me, and continued to stare. Now, I have been in some very uncomfortable situations in my life, but never like this. I met eyes with everyone in that waiting room and they all just continued to look at me, like they knew something I didn't. Looking back, maybe they did?