Capacity

"You do realize your talking to the devil, right?" A small laugh appeared on his lips.

"At least you know what your capable of." she said lowly.

She saw the way he looked at her earlier before. Or the way she perceived. It would be just like her past foster homes, a burden. A monster. A freak. A disgrace. 

When Grace was nine she had opened her wings for the first time in her bedroom in a foster home's house. The beautiful angelic white wings were the wings of monsters to few. Grace had wonder many scenarios of why she was what she was. Maybe her parents were scientists and they used her as a human lab rat. Or her parents were runaways from the government and they were the ones who were experimented on. Or maybe she was just touched by the devil.

When Lucifer told her she was the devil, it wasn't the craziest thing she had thought of. It made sense. And she hated when things didn't. So when she had done what she had done, it started all over again.

Lucifer on the other hand. He didn't know what to do. Even though they had just met, he had developed feelings towards her. What was he suppose to do? And a million things ran through his head. He wasn't ready to have a child. He had no idea where to even begin. How was he even gonna-. But the biggest thing in his mind was, he didn't want to be his father. He couldn't look her away, not like his dad.

He took a breathe. And wrapped his arms around her. And soon became a hug. He left seeing it was getting dark, and he had to open up Lux.

But was he suppose to do that. Was he suppose to wait? Stay in there for a few more? Hug her for a bit longer? Kiss her on the forehead? Would that be too soon? 

He fixed his suit and pressed the button for the elevator to close.