Chapter 1

Present Time

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Kathryn's POV

My idea was amazing. In a few hours me and Cameron would be on our way to Miami. I was throwing a few extra pairs of jeans in my bag and threw the last bag next to the pile by the front door. There were thirty six large bags in all sitting next to the door. My mom came up to me and gave me a hug.

"Now call me when you get to Miami. I want to know where you are every day on this trip. Be safe and tell your father that I say hello when you get to London." She gave me another hug and started to cry.

"I'll be home again soon enough and Ill call you everyday, I promise you."

Then there was a loud knock on the door, then came Cameron barging in. She said hello to my mom, and grabbed me and a few of my bags.

"What did you pack, rocks?"she asked.

"No" I replied "but we are going on a 79 day trip, I mean you need a lot of stuff."

"Of course you do...", she replied.

We got to her house and out of the corner of my eye I saw a car pull into her garage... but I shrugged it off and threw my bags into my car, I was about to go and get the rest of my bags when Cameron's twin brother, Shane walked in followed by Cameron yelling at him and punching him as hard as she could in the stomach. She really didn't like her brother, something happened when they were kids... It's always been a touchy subject with Cameron.

He walked over to me. "Hey Kathryn, your looking really hot today." He said winking.

Cameron kicked him as hard as she could.... Where it really hurt. He fell to the ground wincing in pain.

"That's what you get you pervert. Now make sure house doesn't get robbed, oh and try not to trash it, I just had the carpets done. Kathryn and I will be gone for the next 79 days... Don't ask because I won't answer." She said with a disgusted look on her face.

She told me she was ready and we grabbed her bags and threw them into her car. I got into the drivers side and sped off to the airport with Cameron a couple miles behind. Thats another thing thats different about us, she always likes to take her time, where as i like to move fast and continue to see new things always looking for an adventure. We got there early, I think We left so quick because Cameron was starting to get uncomfortable with the fact shes leaving her family's million dollar home in the hands of the "Home-wrecker" as Cameron refers to Shane as. I really don't mind him that much he's just kind of there, not that important. He was always so cocky and rude, nothing was ever good enough for him.

We sat in Starbucks waiting for our flight to be called. It was 11:00 PM so it was relatively quite for JFK.

"So...are you nervous" Cameron asked.

"No... You do realize who you're talking to though right." I wish that was true though... I wish I was fearless, I'm close but things still scare me. Like washcloths.... I'm petrified of them, I guess you could say I had a bad experience.

"Yeah, I know, Crazy Kathryn, always looking for fun. Never stoping for anyone but herself. I wish I wasn't nervous, I can't help but think of getting kidnapped or mur-" was all she could get out before an ear piercing scream cut her off.

A girl about ten was running past Starbucks where we were sitting. she looked kind of shocked. Me and Cameron made idle chat when the girl went walking past back to where she ran from earlier with a huge grin on her face.

We heard our flight number on the loud speaker so we threw out our trash and made our way to the gate. We were siting first class just as we always have. We realized that there were only four huge plush luxurious leather seats in first class only one of which was being filled. A boy around our age was putting his carry on in the bin above. So we waited in the aisle. He apologized for taking so long and turned around.

"Oh god." Was all that my mouth could make out.