🔱 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸: 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝 🔱

Art by Rotix102 on DeviantArt

Italics = flashbacks/memories

(Y/N's P.O.V)

I stared.
"Uh... hi" I offered weakly. The girl just stared back at me before opening her mouth. She didn't make a noise for a few seconds before she spoke up.
"A" was all she said.

If she felt the same way that I did right now, I didn't really blame her for the current lack of conversation skills. We stared for a few more moments before she spoke up again.

"Ohmygosh! I'msososososorry!!" Okay... couldn't understand any of that, but good to know. The girl, who I had now dubbed 'Shark Girl' started taking deep breathes, obviously trying to calm down. I let her have her space until she was ready.

I almost screamed again when I realised she had a tail. A tail. Was it real? It looked like a sharks tail, even though it had chunks missing out of one half, while the other looked like it was stitched together. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming, but I wasn't. The shark girl was still there, and still freaking out.

I crossed my legs to get into a more comfortable sitting position. I wasn't really the best when it came to talking to new people. I guess that's another con of home-schooling, I never really had any friends growing up, which is why I was so eager to join my dad out on the sea.

"Uh... hey, it's ok? Uh, take your time" was the only thing I could think of to say. It somewhat worked. Shark girl stopped hyperventilating and lifted her head to look at me, but as soon as she did, she started crying.

Now I really started panicking. I didn't like it when anyone cried, but I didn't know what I could do to help her. I couldn't give her a hug, it would be weird since we barely knew each other. Atlantis had returned to swimming in circles behind us, breaking the awkward silence that had fallen.

I sat there with my face burning from embarrassment, not knowing what to do. But there was also this nagging feeling in the back of my mind, like I had seen her before. I had no idea what to do. How should I comfort her?

My question was answered when she soon started hiccupping, her crying coming to a stop. She wiped away the tears and flashed me a small smile, her sharp teeth glinting in the sun. She finally let out a sigh, and sat back into a position similar to mine. Her face and eyes were still red, and her hair was slightly frazzled.

"M'sorry about that.." she murmured. She wiped away a few more stray tears trickling down her face. She pulled down her hood and ran her fingers through her hair. I may of just met her, but she was quite cute with her hood down. She even had to small pigtails on the side of her head, held up by two shark clips.

"Ahh.. it's fine. Are you ok?" I gave her an awkward smile. She chuckled, I didn't know at what, but she did. I shuffled around and sat facing towards the ocean and pat the spot next to me, inviting her to sit next to me.

"Are you sure? You don't even know me" She seemed confused at your invite. I only pat the spot again before reaching into the bag that was almost forgotten and threw another fish to Atlantis, who was more than happy to eat it.

"It's fine. You seem nice enough, and I don't have many friends anyway. It's usually me and Atlantis most of the time" I trailed off, watching the young shark swimming confidently around the cove. When I had found her, she was still incredibly small, looking like she was just born, washed up on shore with a tear in her fin. It was hard, but after putting her back in the water and racking my brain for a good while, I managed to make a make-shift splint that helped her fin heal. I ended up just bringer her a variety of fish every day up until this point.