🔱 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹: 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚜 🔱

Art is by Eungi on Twitter

(Y/N)'s P.O.V, Current time

I happily swung back and forth on a hammock, hitched up between two large trees that cast a nice shade over the area. Gura was somewhere on the beach, happily playing some beach game with Calli, Kiara, Ina and Amelia.

I still felt like the odd one out sometimes, even though everyone had been nothing but kind and welcoming to me. Amelia and Ina were the ones who I got along with the most, besides Gura, of course. This was mainly because they were humans, Amelia more so than Ina.

"GUAH!" My peaceful relaxation time was interrupted as an excited, and water-logged shark jumped into the hammock with me. It swung wildly for a few moments, all while Gura laughed at your reaction.

"You sounded like Calli!" She pointed out. I grumbled and pulled her into a tight hug, pressing her face into me to muffle her words. She made some noises of complaint, but realised that wasn't going anywhere, so she simply embraced it.

Gura tapped my arm, a way of asking me to loosen my grip on her. I did so. Gura smiled and wiggled into a more comfortable position, which involved her flopping on to my stomach and lying there.

"How's the writing going" She said, nudging her head in the direction of the book where I had been writing the story of our relationship. I chuckled and pat her head.

"It's going good, You want me to show you the latest chapter?" Gura nodded eagerly, and I leaned over and grabbed the book form where it was placed, and opened it to my most recent writings.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter is set around 4 months after the previous one

"Where were you?"

I paused. It honestly wasn't the first thing I expected to hear when I came through the door. My brother stood there, arms crossed with a stern brow. It would've been intimidating, if it weren't for the fact that he was shorter and younger than me. I gave him a look that said something like 'why should I tell you?'

"Hiking. Exploring the forest that we live in front of. Something you wouldn't do" I had never had a good relationship with my brother. I had tried for several years, but we were just too of a different people.

He scowled, but didn't press any further and went back up to his bedroom. I was glad. I was quite tired after spending the entire day with Gura, and while I enjoyed the time, she had boundless energy and I just couldn't keep up. I had to have a break after our fifth time of playing hide and seek chasey on the sand in the sun.

I opened the door to my room and collapsed on to my bed. I pulled a plush shark from somewhere. It was my hammerhead, one of my favourites. My brother would usually judge me for having soft toys, but he couldn't really say anything with the amount of body pillows and anime plushes he had.

The sun was slowly setting, but it still filtered through my window in warm beams. After a day of playing with Gura at the beach, a nap sounded quite nice right about now.

It was a dreamless sleep, but a good one none the less, though I was forced to wake up only 2 hours after falling asleep to go down for dinner.

Dinner was relatively quiet and normal, though my brother kept sending glares my way and ignored me for most of it. Seriously, what was his problem? Dad didn't seem to know straight away, but with how obvious my brother was getting, he was bound to soon.

"(Y/BN), why are you glaring at (Y/N)?" Your mum broke the silence. Everyone stopped eating, and (Y/BN) turned his head childishly and refused to answer. Your mum looked offended, but your dad turned to you.