CHAPTER SIX

Motunrayo's pov.

'Rayo take it easy na' pelumi said,standing and heaving at my front before catching his breath.

'What's your problem?'

What?. The question took me off guard and I could tell pelumi took note of it.

'Yes,your problem. I want to know the colour of it. I mean you know I like you-like you but you keep giving me the 'keep off' attitude. What's your beef?' He ranted in one breath.

I couldn't really get all the sentence clearly but I sure picked out the meaningful ones.

'My problem?' It was my turn to rant.

'Are you listening to yourself young man? You literally stalk me all my life like a teen creep and tell me I have the problem?. Oh please I'm not ready for this crap,I'm running late' I say,brushing past him and walking down the street.

If he wants my bitchy version, then I'll be damned not to give in.

'Creep?you should be the one listening to yourself. All I do is try to follow you and protect you from danger and this is the thank you I get?' He drags me.

'Well newsflash Mr lanky,I never asked for a bodyguard!' I spat out rudely,evading his insecurities.

I've watched him jerk to shades thrown at him for his bodysize and though I find that mean,but not too mean for this situation... I guess.

He turned me around by my wrist. 'You know very well what a bitch you sound like now and of course you don't mind it,do you?'

The guts.

'Get your hands off my wrist right now'. I gritted out,hoping to sound as intimidating as I hoped to with my voice.

Pelumi was adamant for some seconds before he finally let go of my wrist.

'Wow!' I exclaimed. 'This new version of you sure amazes me'

'What?' He asked,confused.

'What do you mean 'what?'?. I mean,don't you see it yourself?. You are so confident and opened about your feelings today. What changed? Did you grow a pair overnight or did you drink before approaching me?. Which among the two?'

Pelumi kept silent for a while.

A rather suspicious silent.

'What?' I was beginning to find amusement in this as a smile lingered on my lips. 'You drank?'

The curiosity was evident in my voice as I sniffed him.

'Hey. Stop that' he stopped me as he mirrored my smile.

'Passersby would start to think you're a dog...' He trailed as his face lit up in realization.

'Wait, no caps...you're a bitch' he finally said as his laughter filled our aura.

He had a really contagious laughter for someone that doesn't laugh at all.

'Haha,very funny' I said, trying to break the humor but that only made his laughter heighten and I couldn't help but to join in.

'Stop laughing' I said,hitting his arm playfully. 'Your laughter is terrible'

'Oh really?' He said,smiling and laughing again.

I mellowed my head to hide my sheepish smile.

'You see' he called me out,still laughing.

'Okay,jokes apart. You've successfully made me an hour late to school' I try to act angry but manage a sour look that soon melts in smiles.

'Okay ma' he catches on. 'Should I walk you to school to make up for the time lost?'

'And how would that help recover the time lost?' I ask,confused.

'No,it won't, but it would give an assurance that it was worth the time waste while we joke on the way'

'You're pathetic' I say,grinning at my expense.

'You love me' he States.

'You don't force such feelings from a girl and besides, you can't walk with me'

'Why not?. Are you taken or just find me embarrassing to walk with?'

I knew he wasn't serious about what he said so I didn't give two fucks as I continued walking down the street.

'So am I going to wait here for five minutes before walking so it wouldn't look like we came together when we arrive at school?!' He calls after me and I smile.

'Do whatever pleases you!' I call back.

'Okay then,....great!' He calls again,nervously.

Glad to know I still have that effect on him.

I smile again to my expense before calling myself out.

Hope he isn't having his effect on me as well.