CHAPTER TWELVE

'Wow. You have such fine taste in places that lacks disturbance'

'Really?' She bats her eyelashes at me playfully. 'I know'

'You know very well that was a sarcastic statement' I say,rolling my eyes at her and staring around the club.

'Well I don't speak sarcasm' she jokes.

I roll my eyes again.

'But why would you bring us to the club still dressed in our school uniform' I ask.

'Why did you change?' She retorts.

'I'm serious Marabel'

'Also am i'

I let out a frustrated exasperation.

She laughs giddily, obviously enjoying getting on my toes.

'Relax,we're in lekki. No one cares about some random school kids dressed in their uniforms in a club. Infact,most of the people you see here are just ready to bury their sorrows in alcohol' she comforts me.

'I don't know' I say,weighing my options. 'I've just gotten myself into trouble for beating Tunde to a pulp. Sooner than I know,I might be suspended from school for my actions. I don't want to get into more trouble if a teacher sees us here'

'Oh damn,how do you live with yourself. You over think things a lot,just enjoy your life. It's your life baby girl'

'Don't call me that' I warn.

'Then man up and tell me what's gotten into you that's making you act all violent these past few days'

'I don't know Marabel. I sincerely don't know. I just get overwhelmed by my emotions and sometimes exhibit some special abilities my body is a stranger to'

'Wait a sec,you've exhibited some other special abilities, not just the one of earlier?' She asks,curiously.

'Yeah. The other day when I had a fight with Chidera in class,I could read his mind and even before school at home that day,I could involuntarily tell when something was being thrown at me suddenly without looking back' I confess.

It feels so good to finally tell someone about all the weirdness that has been taking place in my life these past few days.

'Woah. But are you sure you didn't go to an herbalist to do something to you?' She asks.

'What?. Of course not, I ....'

'....did you grow a pair overnight or did you drink before approaching me'....

I remember Motunrayo's statement the other day on the way to school.

Voodoo.

Damn!. Of course.

That was it.

It was what I took in order to get accepted by my mates before all this started happening.

'Oh my God Marabel,I've gotten it!' I exclaim.

'What?' She asks,shocked by my sudden drift in mood.

'I ordered a voodoo charm online last Christmas holiday. I thought it would make me popular and acceptable to my classmates and stop the constant bullying I got from the hostel guys. I didn't believe it would give me all these special abilities. In fact,I feel like I'm dreaming,I've never seen all this superpower stuffs except in marvel and D.C movies'

Marabel is quiet. It's like I've been talking crap all this while that her brain couldn't process.

'Are you crazy?'. You ordered a what from the online store?!. Don't you know where those shit comes from?. From witches and wizards!' She expresses herself in one breath.