Chapter 9 - The Dance

December 20

*Lachlan's P.O.V.*

I woke up this morning feeling nervous, what if I'm a bad dancer? I ask myself, if she truly likes you she won't mention it, unless it's just playful teasing. My alarm clock goes off and I get up. I take a shower and do my hair like I normally do and throw on some jeans and a tee. I walk downstairs to find Preston, and my brother Brian eating. I sit down and pour myself some cereal.

"Hey, can you give me, Preston, and Emma to school today?" I ask. My brother graduated last year but is taking a gap year to decide what to do for school. "Sure let's go in 20." he says and runs upstairs to get dressed. I text Emma.

To:Emma

Brian's gonna take you to school.

From: Emma

No Sarah?

To: Emma

4 person car Brian's driving

From: Emma

Ok, see ya

I set down my phone and finish eating, we go outside to the car and go pick up Emma. We pull up and see Sarah get into a car I recognize as Brandon's. Brian stops the car and I get up going to Emma's door. Before I can knock the door opens to reveal Emma holding her backpack. We both get in and drive to school.

€Time Skip To School Cuz Vikklan€

~Emma's P.O.V.~

We get to school and say thank you to Brian. We walk over to Brian and Alex and chat until the bell rings. "Hey" Preston says as we walk up to them. "Where's Krystal?" Alex asks. "I don't know I have first with her so if you need me to tell her something..." I say. "no, but can you give her these flats. I'm letting her borrow them for the dance, along with the dress." she says handing me a pair of flats. "Well ok." I say.

I look over at the boys and Max has somehow gotten on Lachlan's back and is trying to grab his phon that's in Lachlan's hands. Preston's sort of just standing there doing nothing. Me and Alex look at each other and I run over grabbing the phone and Alex pushes Max off of Lachlan. I hand Max his phone and stick my young out at Lachlan.

The bell rings and we all go to our classes I walk in and sit down after giving Krystal the flats. "Ok class, today we are going out to the field to rehearse. Me and Mr. Even don't think it's right to make you do actual class work the day of the dance." she says. We all cheer and whoop, she guides us out to the field and I stand with Max. Being the irresponsible people we are we haven't gotten past the choosing of Romeo and Juliet.

As we wait for Mr. Even's class Krystal walks over. "Mrs. Adams said you needed another girl so here I am" she says. We wait a little more then Preston and Lachlan show up. We begin to decide the other parts. "So, Krystal I'm Juliet and Lachlan's Romeo." I say. "Ok, well I see the other girl part so I guess I'm your mom." she says. I look at the other 2 parts which are the Dad and a narrator.

"well how about Preston as the dad and Max as the narrator." Lachlan says, probably thinking about Alex. We rehearse up to the kiss and the bell rings. I walk to math with Lachlan. During math I get a note, it says "SLUT!!!" and I just crumple it up. I take my notes and do the page of problems.

After math I head to my favorite class. Art. I get there and take my seat next to Preston. Mrs. Thursby claps her hands and we quiet down "Today you will be drawing to a theme, in honer of the dance we will be drawing about love. We get to drawing and before I know it I'm drawing Krystal and Preston dancing.

I look over on Preston's paper and he's drawing Alex and Max dancing and looking at each other. "Nice" I say pointing at his drawing. He looks at my paper and says "you too is that Me and Krystal?" he asks and I nod. We're shushed I finish my drawing and sign it the bell rings and we all leave them on our tables.

I enjoy art but I much rather prefer photography even though my cameras terrible. I'm saving up for a professional camera and some accessories. Me and Preston walk to lunch and sit down at the table at our usual spots. I see Preston showing Krystal something on his phone. "Oh My God Emma its beautiful!" she exclaims, grabbing the phone from Preston showing me. It's my drawing from art.

"Thanks, you should of seen Preston's, for a gamer he's quite the artist" I say. After lunch I walk to the locker room and change as fast as I can I walk out and walk over to Lachlan and Krystal. We do our stretches then play some basket ball. After I change and I'm picking up my backpack and get shoved into the locker.

I turn around to see Sarah and Sam running away. That truly hurt, Sarah's changed shes not the girl I grew up with anymore. I walk into History and rub my back I sit down next to Max and zone out. I barely paid attention. By the end of the period I was lost on the homework. I left and headed to Science.

I was out of it but soon forgot about it walking into science taking my seat next to Lachlan. We did our work and made small talk. The bell rings and I walk out with Lachlan to find Preston and Brian waiting in the car, they arrive and I get out of the car and say "see you tonight" as they drive away.

Before I get to the door, Sarah shows up. I unlock the door and she runs in and comes out again with her brush, make up, shoes and dress. Then runs to the car she came from without a word. I'm glad too because she hurt me in the locker rooms today. Not only physically but mentally.

I go in the living room and set down my backpack and wait for Alex and Krystal who are coming over to get ready for the dance. After half an hour Krystal comes in and 10 minuets Alex shows up. We all go upstairs to get ready for the dance Alex takes the first shower and I put on some music. As a Pierce the Veil song comes up Krystal walks over and unplugs my phone from the speakers.

"What was that for." I ask as she throws me my phone. "I liked the Parmore songs, I could stand All Time Low, but Pierce the Veil no way." she says. I roll my eyes and Alex walks out hair blow dried and body wrapped in a towel. I go in and take the next shower, I get out and dry off and blow dry my hair I walk out and Krystal walks in. Alex is in her dress and is brushing her hair.

I get underwear and my dress on and start brushing my hair. Krystal comes out with her hair dried and gets dressed. Alex goes in and curls her hair. I continue brushing my hair as Krystal sits and starts to brush her hair. I finish and go to the bathroom I straighten my hair and Alex walks out to put make up on.

In half an hour my hair is straight and own, I have no make up on and I have combat boots on. Alex has her hair curled and down, has eyeliner blush and lip gloss on and is wearing heals. Krystal is wearing flats and has blush and lip gloss on with her hair wavy and down. "Combat boots, Emma were going to a dance." Alex wines. "Your just glad I'm not wearing Vans" I say.

My mom comes in and says "Your boys are here" then walks downstairs holding her camera. We walk to the top of the steps and argue in whispers "you go first" Krystal says to me "No you" I say. "I'll go it's my actual boyfriend down there any ways." she says and walks downstairs her heels clicking against the wood. Without a word Krystal goes and then I walk down smiling as I see Alex and Max and Preston and Krystal.

A flash goes of and I see my parents and Lachlan. I walk over to him and he says "you look beautiful". I blush and say "Thank You" after pictures we walk out to see Brian in a Van just big enough to fit all of us. We drive to the dance and Lachlan grabs my hand as we walk in. It's decorated with snow flakes and light blue Me and Alex wearing black were the odd ones out.

We walk around eat have punch, and dance. It turns to a slow song and me and I wrap my arms around his neck and he rests his hands on my waist. We sway to the music and I spot Alex and Max kissing and Preston and Krystal dancing. As the song comes to an end Lachlan looks down at me and says "Will you be my girlfriend?" I'm shocked but then I smile and say yes.

We are leaning closer and about to Kiss when Alex clears her throat and we pull apart. For the rest of the night we had fun and when we dropped Krystal off Preston kisses her at her door. When it's my turn I walk up to the door and turn around to say goodbye to Lachlan. I am about to kiss him when the door opens.

I say "Bye I had fun" and hug him. I walk inside and think about today.

<3 DarkStar