Chapter 12 - New Years Eve

December 31

Emma's P.O.V.

After the 27 we did something together every day. We decided for New Years Eve we would stay over at Lachlan and Preston's. I was heading over after picking up 6 pizzas, each of us were bringing something. In a case in the back I had my dads old acoustic guitar was sitting, I was learning how to play. My mom dropped me off saying "Have fun, one beer only, don't do anything stupid". She always got drunk in high school so she let us have one beer.

I walked up with the case on my back, my bag over my shoulder and the pizza in my hand. Lachlan awnsered "Hey, you need some help?" he asked picking up the pizza. "Thank you" I say and kiss him on the cheek. I walk in to find everyone there. It was 8 so we ate and I had a soda. We all sat in a circle and Alex spoke up "Let's play truth or Dare", "Em, truth or dare?" "Dare" I said. "Wear the dress I brought." she said smirking. "Ok" I said grabbing my bag. It was a white dress with black lace over it, same length as the one I wore to the dance.

I came out and sat next to Lachlan. The game continued, and at the end i changed back into my clothes and we turned on the TV where it was showing new York 2 1/2 hours ago. It was 11:30 and I had already had my 1 beer. We were all sitting around Preston and Krystal were making out and Alex and Mac were in the kitchen.

The time read 11:55 and Alex and Max came in we counted down "10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1..." I looked up at Lachlan and he said "Happy New Year Emma" we both leaned in and our lips collided. I swear I saw fireworks, our lips moved in sync for what felt like hours, but was only minuets. We separated and everyone was together.

For the rest of the night we hung out then I got out the guitar after things calmed down. I got out the music to some songs and handed them to Krystal. She chose The Only Exception by Paramore. I tuned the guitar then Max started taping on his phone I was sitting next to Lachlan and Preston. I sang and played.

After the song was done we all crashed. I thought about tonight and my first kiss. My dad would say that I couldn't use that against him but I was happy, my first kiss was given to Lachlan, someone I love.

A/N

Check out my new Fanfic it's Called Living the Dream here's a sneak peak:

Mitch's P.O.V.

We were all sitting in our living room, we had just moved in last week and didn't know anyone. Jerome poked me and said "Miiiiiiiiiitch, let's go meet our neighbors, you know the girls" I didn't say anything and looked around. Rob spoke up "Sure better than doing nothing." soon enough we were all up and out the door. We saw through the window the TV was on and Tyler knocked.

A girl opened the door, just about our age too. She smiled and said, "Hi". Lachlan spoke up from the back, "Were your new neighbors, nice to meet you". She continued smiling and said "come on in and sit on the couch I'll get the girls." and walked away up the stairs. We could faintly hear a girl singing, Therapy You were never a friend to me, and you can choke on your misery, from upstairs.