Gender reveal

December 2013
You looked in the mirror at your attire you had chosen for today. A pink maxi dress that flowed down just above your feet. You had put on some white trainers and tied your hair up in a pony tail with a blue bow clipped in. Today was your long awaited gender reveal. Your parents had flew in from Italy yesterday and was staying in the beautiful hotel that the gender reveal was being held at along with David's parents that had flew in from Mexico. You knew it was a bit extra to have your gender reveal at a hotel but it was such a pretty place to host it. It actually wasn't you hosting it. Robert and your best friend Kaylee had offered to host it for you, setting up the day and surprising you. You figured it was a lot of pressure for Robert to just host it on his own and your best friend had just come over here for a few months and was so excited for you so you figured that it would be amazing to have her involved as well. Robert seemed to get along with her very well anyways so it was a perfect duo.

David came into the room with a baby blue suit on, holding his pink tie in his hand. He handed it to you, smiling.

"I'm so excited for today." He says as you put the tie around his neck and tie it for him. You smiled up at him.

"So am I." You placed a soft kiss on his lips and he smiled right back at you. This was a day you had dreamed of. Going to the gender reveal of your babies with your husband. Was it ever real? It felt like a dream.
***
Since it was December and quite cold outside, you decided on wearing a thick blue cardigan and a coat on over it, hoping that most of it was being held inside.

You got in David's car, immediately turning the heating up because it was so cold in the car. David laughed at you, starting the engine to clear the misted windows. You had started to regret your choices of wearing a dress in the middle of winter.

"In just a few hours we are going to know the gender of our babies!" You say, grabbing David's hand and squeezing it.

"I know. It's so crazy." He said, giving me a warm smile. "Let's go, we are already late." He laughs and you let go of his hand, laugh to.

"Only us."

After a 30 minute drive you finally arrive at the hotel of the baby shower. There was pink and blue ribbon hanging from the entrance with a sign saying 'welcome to Y/N and David Castañeda's gender reveal' with pink and blue alternate lettering.

"They really went off! I'm so glad we chose them to do our baby shower!" You smile as David parks up the car.

"Only for their favourite people." He smirks as he gets out and hurries over to your side to open the door. You smile as he helps you up. You were only 4 months pregnant but David acted like you were in your final weeks bless him. You really appreciated him though, for being their for you always.

"Let's go in." You say as you slide your hand into your husbands and walk towards the venue. The car locks behind you as you walk to the hotel. The car park was pretty full so you were wondering who was in there.

"They're here!!" Robert says as you walk into the room. The room was brightly lit with blue and pink decor surrounding it. There were boy or girl banners and pink and blue balloons hanging upon the ceiling. There were different tables lining the room which included one with stacks of pink and blue papers with pens where everyone could guess what you were having and a table with pink and blue donuts with 'oh baby' in the middle of the table made out of donuts. There were also pink and blue cupcakes and on the main table was a three layered cake with white icing on.

"Whoooo" everyone called as you smiled.

"Hello!" You say as you made your way over to Rob and Kaylee.