2 l Stay

Tell me.

"Please, enlighten me for you presence, King." Kei said with a bored tone, running his hands over the rim of his glass. The other male settled down onto the barstool in front of him, said bar around them deserted.

"You know exactly why I'm here, Kei." He snapped. "Don't act like you don't." The blond set his glass down, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Of course I do. But as long as we stay apart, no one dies. Happy fucking ending. If I can ensure your life, then I'll do whatever it takes." Amber clashed with dark blue as they locked eyes, and Tobio understood. Kei's eyes showed the truth. Tobio could see their past memories filtering, the slight shining behind his eyes.

"Kei—"

"No. Please leave.'' He slammed the glass on the bar. "Find love with someone else and live out this life, please." Tobio almost did it. Almost.

"Don't you understand?!" He snarled, lunging forward. "I love you! How hard is that to see?!" Kei flinched as Tobio grabbed his collar, icy eyes glazed with frustrated tears. "And I know! I know we have the threat of death above our heads, and that we could die in a matter of seconds. But, Kei. I...I love you!" He dropped his head, breath catching. "Please, don't go." Slender fingers cupped his face and Kei gave him a long sad smile.

Just tell me to stay.

"I'll stay, Tobio." His fingers wiped away the tears, lips peppering to the shorter male's flushed skin, whispering away the tears before pressing his mouth over Tobio's, who still clenched his shirt.

I'll turn.

Pulling away, he sighed. "Please find me in the next life." He mumbled, forehead resting against Tobio's.

"Always."

I won't look away.

It was a peaceful night when it happened. The pair had been wrapped up, half asleep, both with an earbud in and listening to soft music when the world started to shake. Living near the coast had always made Tobio happy. He loved the beach. Especially beach volleyball after swimming. A glass fell to the floor and Kei jumped, sitting up quickly. Tobio groaned, burrowing his face into Kei's side and breathing in his scent of lingering cologne and citrus.

I'll stay here.

"Shit." The blond muttered. "Tobio, earthquake." They gathered by the wall with no shelves above it, bracing themselves as the world around them shook violently.

Farewell, farewell and godspeed.

When it finally stopped, Tobio had dropped his head, sniffling quietly. "Hey, what's wrong?" Kei inquired, wiping away his tears. Tobio pointed behind them, and in the morning light, they could see how shallow the beach had gotten.

"The earthquake." He mumbled. "It was strong enough." As he spoke, an alarm rung through the streets.

Between you and me,

"Tobio, we don't know that." Kei said, pulling him up, but he knew it was in vain. It was time to say goodbye. His lover smiled sadly, cupping his face.

"I will miss you, Kei." By then, they could hear it rushing in, the apartment shaking.

I'm fading.

"And I you, My King."

Your beauty conquers the darkness.