3 l Don't Leave Me

Don't leave me lost here forever

They were young this time. Laughing and smiling like nothing could stop them. The world was safe, they had protection, everything was perfect. The moon cast a pale light over the open field the pair both sprawled in the grass.

Show me your starlight and pull me through.

"I missed you." Tobio breathed, rolling onto his side to smile at Kei, however the blond didn't look at him.

Don't leave me lost here forever.

"Kei?" He inquired softly.

"I'm sorry." Kei blurted suddenly, tears streaming down his pale cheeks. "I'm so, so sorry Tobio. I don't ever want to leave you again." Kei was in hysterics by then, nearly choking on his sobs. The ravenette gathered his lover into his arms, pressing a kiss against his soft golden locks.

"What do you mean, Kei?" He asked. Kei clung onto him like no tomorrow.

"I'm sick!" He moaned brokenly. "I—I'm going to die Tobio!" An unimaginable pain shot through Tobio's chest. They were supposed to be happy. They were supposed to grow old and die together.

I need your starlight to pull me through. 

"Hey," he whispered, holding Kei's face in his palms, wiping away the tears. "It's okay, Kei." His finger brushed over the small, almost invisible golden crown on his cheekbone. "We'll meet again, without doubt." Kei turned his gaze away.

"Tobio, how can you be okay with this?" He whispered. "You—we're young. You'll live through this life, alone." More tears spilled from his eyes and Tobio shushed him.

"That's okay, 'cause I know I'll find you again. I won't ever leave you, my soulmate. My other half." Kei's lip shifted up a little in a blubbery smile, pressing his face into the crook of Tobio's shoulder.

"I love you." He breathed, taking in Tobio's scent of lavender.

Bring me back to you.

"And I you, My Moon and Stars."

Bring me back to you.