Goodbye...

It was finally time.

E stood sadly by the exit of the room, although nobody was going to walk out the door. It was dead silent.

"Um..." E said, trying to clear her throat, "We'll go...by seating order...if that's okay."

Silence.

"Lee, it's your turn first."

"Yeah, good riddance," Charles finally spoke up, strutting towards where E was standing.

"Bye, you arrogant turnhead," E said.

"Bye," he answered, ruffling her hair a little before taking another step forward. The air shimmered, and then he was gone.

Seabury and King went with much the same goodbye, except Samuel went off with a hug.

Then it was Washington's turn, and E's eyes were shining.

What, perhaps, did she say?

"Thank you for building our country?"

"#bestfoundingfather?"

Uh...no.

She threw her arms around him and cried, "YOU'RE LIKE THE BEST DAD ON THE PLANET YOU'RE SO AMAZING!!!"

"Uh, thank you," Washington said, hugging her back before saluting, stepping forward, and disappearing.

 "If you shoot Hamilton, I'll shoot you with a coconut," E sniffled as Burr left.

"Yeah, 'bye to you too."

"Please stay soft and sweet and a cinnamon roll please," she asked James as he smiled, patted her back, and disappeared.

"Thomas Jefferson. I hate you and you're a horrible person."

"Thank you."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Then it was time for the most painful goodbyes of all.

"I'm going to murder your husband if he lays a finger on you," E told Maria as they embraced.

"I appreciate it, sweetheart," Maria said, smiling. "But I've got a baby girl to take care of, and a mother's love is the strongest thing on earth."

"That was really cheesy," E sniffed.

Maria laughed, squeezed her tightly, and vanished.

"P-Peggy..." E said, and then she was really crying. "You're amazing and everybody loves you and you don't deserve to die ever and you're the embodiment of a fangirl."

"That I am," Peggy said, curtsying. A quick hug and the first Schuyler sister disappeared.

"Eliza," the two middle children sang together, then hugged. Eliza gave the best hugs. Tight squeezes and warmth and love.

"This was really fun, even if it was weird," Eliza told E.

"Yeah," E said, tears rolling down her cheeks. One more tight squeeze and then Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton was gone.

Next was Angelica.

"I will..." she paused. "Never be satisfied. Alexander is the only man I really love. But seeing those pictures of us together is something I will hold dear for the rest of my life, and you gave me that. Thank you, E...very much."

E nodded, they hugged, and Angelica vanished.

"We're the asexual buddies, right?" E said to Hercules.

"Definitely," he grinned back at her, fist-bumped, and was gone.

"Baguette, I'm gonna miss you."

"Me too, mon amie. This was hilarious," Laf said. "But I've gotta go back to protecting France and America. You understand."

E nodded. They shook hands, and Laf disappeared.

Second-to-last.

John Laurens.

"I...you're awesome and I just want to give you all the turtles on earth," E sobbed to John.

"I appreciate it," he said, hugging her.

"B-bye..."

He nodded to her, stepped forward, and vanished.

It was time.

The last goodbye.

"I can't think of anything inspiring, so I just want to say...thank you," E said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Alexander Hamilton was at a loss for words for the first time in his life. He nodded and saluted her, but E's eyes were so blurry she could barely see. She reached up and wiped her eyes, and as her vision cleared, she saw the last of Hamilton disappearing in a flash of light.

Where to even begin?? I feel like I started this book a million years ago. As I write, we're at 1.2K and climbing. I can't thank you all enough.

Honestly, I'm glad to be done with this book. It was hard gathering motivation to write, but I stuck with it for all of you. However, I have more motivation going for my Lams book, which is around halfway published, and I had plenty of motivation for my Marliza book, which is completed. Those are on my profile if you want to check them out.

So many emotions...

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you so much for reading!!!

❤ella❤