Chapter Four - Information Overload

Prem's Point of View

After finishing my rant, Earth and Fluke stared at me in complete stunned silence.

"If it weren't for the settlement money Waan and I received in our parents' wrongful death lawsuit and their life insurance policies, we'd have nothing, and right now I don't have much to offer anyone, except for this." I pointed to my brain.

My intellect. It's what got me a free ride to college and medical school, Buddha knows I wouldn't have been able to afford it any other way.

"You are more than just a brain Prem, you're pretty adorable too." Earth playfully winked at me, and I knew he was trying his best to make me smile. He never wanted to see his friends sad or stressed. "But all jokes aside, your intellect and good looks are just a plus, you're also funny and sweet."

"You're loyal to your friends and extremely forgiving." Fluke told me with a soothing grin.

"I mean who else buys their ex a wedding gift because they're genuinely happy for them and not being petty? You did that." Earth pointed out.

"You're not wealthy monetarily, but you're wealthy spiritually." Fluke included.

These two were the best

"So..." Earth pressed looking at me.

"So...what?"

"Will you come with us to Boun's housewarming party?" They both asked in unison.

"Let's do a round of shots first, then I'll answer."

"Did someone call for shots?" Our girl Sammy was holding a Billet 8 Shot Revolver filled with Black & Blue shots.

"Sammy you're the MVP (Most Valuable Player) of our team!" Earth shrieked cheerfully as he cleared the table so she could set the shots down

"You are more than our fairy princess, you're our fairy godmother." Fluke laughed.

"This I already know." Sammy smirked sitting down next to me.

"Why so many shots?" I asked her, I counted a total of eight. "There's only four of us."