Chapter Sixteen - The Best Part

Prem's Point of View

"We can run if you want?" Waan joked, her arm interlocked with mine.

My emotions were high, and I felt the tears coming. This is supposed be one of the happiest days of my life, and it was, but the two most important people weren't here to share it with me.

Just when I felt as though I would fall apart completely an overwhelming sense of calmness showered me. The sad feelings disappeared, and I couldn't help but smile. I could've sworn I heard my parents' voices. Almost as quickly as the feeling washed over me, it dissipated.

"What was that?" I exhaled.

"It felt like mom and dad were just here, didn't it?" Waan asked me with unshed tears in her eyes.

"You felt that too?" The level of shock I felt was staggering.

"Not today," She smiled, "but I felt it right before you walked me down the aisle on my wedding. Never forget little brother, mom and dad's love is like the wind, we can't see it, but we can feel it, and we know it's there."

Waan was right, they would always be here in spirit. Gone but never forgotten.

As the music started to play Waan and I proceeded walking down the aisle and there he was, my handsome groom, gaping at me with intense love in his eyes. I had to admit that watching his face struggle to contain his emotions, made my heart swell.

Once Waan and I reached the altar, she joined our hands together

"Please take good care of one another," Her voice was thick with emotion; tears in her eyes. She kissed us both on the cheek before joining Boun's parents. His mom was already openly crying tears of joy, and his dad was attempting to remain stoic, but his face was vivid with sentiment.

As we exchanged our vows Boun's eyes were filled with so much love it damn near took my breath way. To be looked at like that...no words could express.

When the officiant declared us as husbands, we kissed, and the entire room erupted in applause.

We Just Knew

"Please welcome to the dance floor Boun and Prem Guntachai for their first dance as husbands." Boun led me onto the dance floor, "And as a wedding gift from Boun to Prem, I would like for everyone to welcome Tone Stith to the stage."

I stared at Boun in utter shock.

Tone Stith was a newcomer to the music industry, and I was absolutely was obsessed with his voice. He toured with H.E.R. and wrote songs for Chris Brown. After listening to his song covers by famous singers, the originals never sounded the same again.